What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Buckethead. How can anyone play guitar this well? There's quote on YT from someone who was at the show that sums things up nicely "I was at this show, and i had never even heard of Buckethead before this. Of course I was completely blown away by his performance. My friend and I didn't say a single word to each other until the show was over, then we just looked at each other and were like, what the fuck just happened, and how did it come to be that we were lucky enough to experience the most incredible musical performance of all time. I don't to go to concerts anymore because I know nothing could ever match this show...."

Edited by SteveZ98

There were multiple reasons the 1972 Rolling Stones tour overshadowed the Led Zeppelin tour in the news coverage of the day. But the simplest reason is that the Rolling Stones tour went longer and deeper across the country.

Led Zeppelin had yet to master the art of timing and booking their tours for maximum exposure and impact. Their tours during this period were never synced up properly to an album release and they barely lasted a month. Led Zeppelin's 1972 North American tour was less than 20 shows in about 15 cities during the month of June. The Rolling Stones in 1972 played 48 shows in over 30 cities across two months in June and July 1972. And, they wrapped up the tour in the media concentrated Eastern cities of the U.S...Boston, Philadelphia, and New York.

Fortunately, Led Zeppelin learned their lesson in time for the 1973 tour.