NFL 2015: Predictions Game

DAS

As the preseason kicks off on August 9th, less than a month away, I figured it was time to get the thread started for this year. I've been away from the board for awhile so I don't know if you did it last year but here are the rules anyway.

Pick the winner of all regular season games on a week by week basis.

Picks must be submitted before the game(s) start.

If a game ties it doesn't count as either a win or a loss by the poster. Unless you picked them to tie, but who's going to do that?

Highest percentage of accurate picks wins the seasons. However, you must guess at least 3/4 of the games for the overall season or it doesn't count. No punishment for missing a week here or there and no reward for having one great week and then quitting till the end.

That's all. If anybody wants to do preseason picks we can go ahead and start but they won't count towards the end of the year score. Also, just for kicks, let's pick the 12 playoffs teams to see who gets the most right. Post pre-season Superbowl picks too if you want.

^^ Hello Das, it has been awhile--are you going to be able to keep tallies for the regular season? Also, we did do a pool for last season, which was dedicated to the memory of "pottedplant." If my memory is right, jb126 won last year's pool.

I might have some ideas as far as predicting division winners, but I'll save it for later--still got a long way to go before the season starts...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, without looking at a calendar or ESPN's football page--I believe we are about a month away from the regular season, so I won't pick any games yet (obviously), but I don't think it's too early for predicting division winners and wild cards:

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks

NFC Wild Cards: Lions, Cardinals

AFC East: Patriots :rolleyes:

AFC North: Ravens

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Denver

AFC Wild Cards: Steelers, Bills

Well, without looking at a calendar or ESPN's football page--I believe we are about a month away from the regular season, so I won't pick any games yet (obviously), but I don't think it's too early for predicting division winners and wild cards:

NFC East: Cowboys

NFC North: Packers

NFC South: Panthers

NFC West: Seahawks

NFC Wild Cards: Lions, Cardinals

AFC East: Patriots :rolleyes:

AFC North: Ravens

AFC South: Colts

AFC West: Denver

AFC Wild Cards: Steelers, Bills

Well thatta boy Paul. Have my Bills in playoffs but do not have the balls to put them on top. I do. I will keep the format the same order for the sake of making it easier to whoever is scoring.

NFC East: Philadelphia

NFC North: Detroit

NFC South: Atlanta

NFC West: St Louis

Wild Cards (NFC) Green Bay, Dallas

AFC East: Buffalo Bills

AFC North: Baltimore

AFC South Indy

AFC West: San Diego

Wild cards (AFC) New England, Miami

Well thatta boy Paul. Have my Bills in playoffs but do not have the balls to put them on top. I do. I will keep the format the same order for the sake of making it easier to whoever is scoring.

NFC East: Philadelphia

NFC North: Detroit

NFC South: Atlanta

NFC West: St Louis

Wild Cards (NFC) Green Bay, Dallas

AFC East: Buffalo Bills

AFC North: Baltimore

AFC South Indy

AFC West: San Diego

Wild cards (AFC) New England, Miami

I like that you have to put Buffalo Bills, like there is any other team in Buffalo! :lol: I read recently that Incognito was playing well and had already earned the starting OG position. Do you know what side of the line?

Btw, good picks Paul! I'll formulate mine over the next 3 weeks. Gotta watch the injury reports!

I like that you have to put Buffalo Bills, like there is any other team in Buffalo! :lol: I read recently that Incognito was playing well and had already earned the starting OG position. Do you know what side of the line?

Btw, good picks Paul! I'll formulate mine over the next 3 weeks. Gotta watch the injury reports!

We will see how good all these picks are. Are you trying to say my picks have no shot? I do not know what side he is playing. But he is going to be a wrecking machine

Are you trying to say my picks have no shot?

No, just I agree with Paul's preseason assessment more. From what I read your qb situation in Buffalo is going worse than expected. That's a tough mountain to climb no matter how good your defense is. You know I have nothing against your Bills, unless they're playing my Cowboys! ;)

No objections from me either, Strider. You did a mighty fine job in tabulating my shitty picks of last year.

This is of course the second annual pottedplant Memorial NFL Prediction Contest, lest we forget.

Archived