The Evolution Of The Drum Set

Ross62

Daniel Glass,an excellent drummer in his own right walks us through the history of the drum kit including cymbals,hi-hats etc.

Gene Krupa and other legends are also featured.The video is broken up into episodes making it easy to return to if you're time poor and was recommended to me by my drum teacher.

36 minutes ago, badgeholder said:

That was excellent, thanks for sharing. Is it me or did he actually forget to mention Buddy Rich? 

My pleasure.

I don't know if Buddy was forgotten or omitted but there was many other drummers who were left out too.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:07 PM, badgeholder said:

That was excellent, thanks for sharing. Is it me or did he actually forget to mention Buddy Rich? 

Buddy was mentioned at 42:20. I haven't finished watching the whole film yet and so far its great. Thanks for posting, Ross. :notworthy:

24 minutes ago, redrum said:

I really like the brush part.

He's a helluva drummer. :thumbsup:

Agreed! He's got feel,exuberance and is exciting to watch. 

BTW,I was talking to the drummer of a duo on Saturday night who was using a 1939 Ludwig 28" Bass drum.All the brass fittings were tarnished but it had class,he wasn't kicking it hard so I never found out what it could do and he was using a Pearl P2000 kick.He's a self described Luddie man and also has a 1930's black beauty snare. 

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

You can't knock the old drums, and I thought my 26 inch was big. :)

I thought that his was a marching drum at first.The bloke's name is Brad and he's my great nephew's drum teacher.Brad gave the young fella the sticks to play 3 songs on the night and jeez,he was hitting everything so hard!!

I was watching him and thinking "yeah,I used to do that too" :D

2 hours ago, redrum said:

My 6.5 Supraphonic. Still tuning it and I really don't like that it doesn't have a tone control.

SNARE + BOOKS (2).jpg

That's really nice! 

I'd want a tone control.

Is that Dave Tough? Sounds great.

After researching because I didn't know,it's Dave Tough.

Golden Wedding's a real drummers song,I love how the Clarinet features and when the band comes in.

• 2 weeks later...