the stooges

Funhouse is glorious - Loose into TV Eye, it doesn't get more primal than that.
Prefer Ron Asheton to James Williamson, but Williamson-era Cock In My Pocket has the greatest lyric ever written:
'Just wanna fuck, don't want no romance'.
You don't get that in Shakespeare, Marlowe or the King James Bible...   

Edited by Brigante

I have only Raw Power from 1973.  I love the sound and the material, especially Search and Destroy - including those lyrics! - as well as Raw Power and Shake Appeal.  I will have to listen to the first two albums.  I think Williamson is great - will have to compare him to Ron Asheton.

The sound of Search and Destroy is just amazing.

20 hours ago, John M said:

I have only Raw Power from 1973.  I love the sound and the material, especially Search and Destroy - including those lyrics! - as well as Raw Power and Shake Appeal.  I will have to listen to the first two albums.  I think Williamson is great - will have to compare him to Ron Asheton.

The sound of Search and Destroy is just amazing.

i like raw power a bit, but i think the sound is a bit too tinny for my taste, but we can all agree search and destroy is amazing. as for my favorite tunes by them, i would have to say down on the street (one of the best riffs off all time imo), tv eye, and i wanna be your dog are my top three, not necessarily in that order.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:21 AM, Brigante said:

Funhouse is glorious - Loose into TV Eye, it doesn't get more primal than that.
Prefer Ron Asheton to James Williamson, but Williamson-era Cock In My Pocket has the greatest lyric ever written:
'Just wanna fuck, don't want no romance'.
You don't get that in Shakespeare, Marlowe or the King James Bible...   

I have an original Elektra 1st press of Funhouse on vinyl and it is an amazing sounding record. The louder you crank it, the better is sounds and it creates a pleasant disturbance to my neighbors.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I got the remastered Fun House with all the extra session tracks when it came out back in 2005 ... such a great record, one of my favorites. This should be required listening for all rock fans.To your original question, if Ron Asheton isn't the quintessential punk guitarist, I don't know who is.

Edited by 1975NQ