Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

The People's Front Of Zeppelin is a new YouTube channel devoted to playing covers of Zep's music, instrumentally (for now, until we find a great singer). Most of our cover videos are inspired by Zep's live style performances, but will also be posting studio versions as well. 

Please subscribe to our channel and follow us on Instagram and Facebook. Oh...and we are NOT the Zeppelin People's Front!  😏 

Here is a link....

 

Hope you dig what we are about! If so, please spread the word! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Wow, not one reply ?? 😕   LOL!

 

I've shared the links. Wouldn't it be great if they could find a singer as good as they are!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 2:36 PM, porgie66 said:

The People's Front Of Zeppelin is a new YouTube channel devoted to playing covers of Zep's music, instrumentally (for now, until we find a great singer). Most of our cover videos are inspired by Zep's live style performances, but will also be posting studio versions as well. 

The songs are all fantastic, thank you!  I started sharing these all with friends and now they are sending me new ones before I know about them.  Keep up the great work!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Rover said:

I've shared the links. Wouldn't it be great if they could find a singer as good as they are!!

Thank you, appreciate the shares! We would love to have a great singer on board , but we are still waiting. The instrumental aspect is nice though. I think it helps focus on parts that may be obscured by the vocals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John M said:

The songs are all fantastic, thank you!  I started sharing these all with friends and now they are sending me new ones before I know about them.  Keep up the great work!!

Awesome, thank you!! We should have a 77 style TSRTS/SA combo up soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Awesome, thank you!! We should have a 77 style TSRTS/SA combo up soon. 

What a great idea !  By the way love your drumming.  Fool in the Rain awaits ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John M said:

What a great idea !  By the way love your drumming.  Fool in the Rain awaits ?

Thank you!! Prob will be a while before we get to that one. With all the permission and keys, that's going to be a more complex one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Thank you!! Prob will be a while before we get to that one. With all the permission and keys, that's going to be a more complex one! 

I hear you.  Have you ever done a drums only cover of it?  Everyone talks about the Perdie Shuffle but the middle section is amazing too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, John M said:

I hear you.  Have you ever done a drums only cover of it?  Everyone talks about the Perdie Shuffle but the middle section is amazing too.

 

 

I also did a tutorial on the song, breaking down the groove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our 77 style combo of TSRTS / Sick Again just dropped on our  YouTube channel.

Spread the word....PFoZ isn't fooling around. If we can find a great singer, it will be unrivalled. IMHO, of course. 😏

Edited by porgie66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Our 77 style combo of TSRTS / Sick Again just dropped on our  YouTube channel.

Spread the word....PFoZ isn't fooling around. If we can find a great singer, it will be unrivalled. IMHO, of course. 😏

Fantastic !!  What a way to start the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Our 77 style combo of TSRTS / Sick Again just dropped on our  YouTube channel.

Spread the word....PFoZ isn't fooling around. If we can find a great singer, it will be unrivalled. IMHO, of course. 😏

I'm telling you George, That IS unrivalled. If you guys could set that up with that monster '77 power sound at venues and remain clear and concise like that - that could not fail. I'd pay a LOT to see that. I'd fly to Sydney if u played the Opera House as I reckon it could be billed as a "premier" gig. Of course, you'll have to hook a brother up with tickets. ;)

The only other comment I want to make is I don't know how you are going to find a singer when the band is so on. It has to be one in a million. I hope you do. I think it could remain without though to be honest.

Oh, and that is the PERFECT end to my day.

Edited by rm2551

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I'm telling you George, That IS unrivalled. If you guys could set that up with that monster '77 power sound at venues and remain clear and concise like that - that could not fail. I'd pay a LOT to see that. I'd fly to Sydney if u played the Opera House as I reckon it could be billed as a "premier" gig. Of course, you'll have to hook a brother up with tickets. ;)

The only other comment I want to make is I don't know how you are going to find a singer when the band is so on. It has to be one in a million. I hope you do. I think it could remain without though to be honest.

Oh, and that is the PERFECT end to my day.

Thanks! I also wonder if there is enough instrumentally to be of interest to a wider audience. I kind of doubt it, but for serious fans , I think it is interesting because you can really focus on all the parts better without the distraction of a vocalist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While replacing the vocals with a guitar piece is probably going to be ugly and awkward, I think exploring this for a rendition of one of the really great live renditions of Thank You is warranted. At least to be tested/explored and see if it sounds hokey or actually works. Thank You live could be another cracking good work.

Give it a go guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

While replacing the vocals with a guitar piece is probably going to be ugly and awkward, I think exploring this for a rendition of one of the really great live renditions of Thank You is warranted. At least to be tested/explored and see if it sounds hokey or actually works. Thank You live could be another cracking good work.

Give it a go guys...

We thought about that for some of the bluesy tunes, like ICQYB, HMMT , even Dazed. Maybe a slide guitar to approximate the vocal inflections. Another idea is to do live shows instrumentally and have the audience sing along. Who knows, could be a fun interactive type experience. Depends on the songs though. Achilles would be ridiculous as a sing along. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it works well without a vocalist, so one vote for playing without a singer. As mentioned above, i also could see you guys touring and a live show with volume being a great thing. Still the videos are a very cool illustration, one gets to see the mechanics of the songs and again its interesting without singing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 10:46 AM, kirchzep27 said:

I think it works well without a vocalist, so one vote for playing without a singer. As mentioned above, i also could see you guys touring and a live show with volume being a great thing. Still the videos are a very cool illustration, one gets to see the mechanics of the songs and again its interesting without singing. 

Thanks...there are a lot of people who are saying the same and we all agree as well. The primary focus right now is on the music and it is easier without the vocals to distract from hearing all the inner parts. We are posting individual instrument camera vids as well on a playlist in the Youtube channel. Here's our latest video. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you guys tackle OTHAFA from a LIVE perspective, please consider 20 March Vancouver (Snowblind) as the one to emulate.

Truth be told, there'd be a dozen that would KILL, but that one is a cracker. They extend on the previous night and deliver supreme. There tons of little nuances that are brilliant.

Edited by rm2551

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If you guys tackle OTHAFA from a LIVE perspective, please consider 20 March Vancouver (Snowblind) as the one to emulate.

Truth be told, there'd be a dozen that would KILL, but that one is a cracker. They extend on the previous night and deliver supreme. There tons of little nuances that are brilliant.

I agree with you , that's a great version...although, we already finished it last week. Wish I had got the request sooner! 😄 It's not really based on any particular version but it has some elements from 75, 77 and some delay on the guitar solo ...sort of Copenhagen Warm Ups vibe. Hope you enjoy it. It should post this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I agree with you , that's a great version...although, we already finished it last week. Wish I had got the request sooner! 😄 It's not really based on any particular version but it has some elements from 75, 77 and some delay on the guitar solo ...sort of Copenhagen Warm Ups vibe. Hope you enjoy it. It should post this week. 

GOLD bro. I'm sure it's to the usual standard. :notworthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Me likes to travel back in time to 1977. 😛

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic stuff.  You three have been very productive.  Thanks for doing these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...