Question on this YouTube video

Berna

19 hours ago, Berna said:

Hello everybody, i want to know a simple thing about this video: https://youtu.be/zmtoijKV1HA

The video comes from the 2007's release but what about the audio? It's definetly not the One of the new release, where does It come from? "The garden tapes" doesn't have that quality....

PS Sorry for me english i'm italian...

Is it from the DVD?

22 hours ago, Berna said:

Hello everybody, i want to know a simple thing about this video: https://youtu.be/zmtoijKV1HA

The video comes from the 2007's release but what about the audio? It's definetly not the One of the new release, where does It come from? "The garden tapes" doesn't have that quality....

PS Sorry for me english i'm italian...

The video is from The Song Remains the Same movie. The audio sounds like it could be the soundboard.

But, considering this is one of the abominations of the entire "The Song Remains the Same" project, I'll leave it to some other anorak to decipher the exact source. Every time I see this butchered "Black Dog" clip it brings tears to my eyes and anger in my heart.

Considering they put out a more complete video of the 1973 MSG "Black Dog" on the 2003 DVD, this chopped up version (missing half the song) from the movie doesn't need to be dwelled on at all. Why would anyone bother with this when the version from the 2003 DVD is available? It's almost an insult to the band...It makes Bonham look like he can't keep time and like the band can't be bothered to remember their songs.

I mean, if you are watching the movie "The Song Remains the Same" , I get it...you're just going with the flow of the movie. But if I'm going on YouTube to look for live "Black Dog" from MSG I'm going to the 2003 DVD version not the The Song Remains the Same movie version.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

The video is from The Song Remains the Same movie. The audio sounds like it could be the soundboard.

But, considering this is one of the abominations of the entire "The Song Remains the Same" project, I'll leave it to some other anorak to decipher the exact source. Every time I see this butchered "Black Dog" clip it brings tears to my eyes and anger in my heart.

Considering they put out a more complete video of the 1973 MSG "Black Dog" on the 2003 DVD, this chopped up version (missing half the song) from the movie doesn't need to be dwelled on at all. Why would anyone bother with this when the version from the 2003 DVD is available? It's almost an insult to the band...It makes Bonham look like he can't keep time and like the band can't be bothered to remember their songs.

I mean, if you are watching the movie "The Song Remains the Same" , I get it...you're just going with the flow of the movie. But if I'm going on YouTube to look for live "Black Dog" from MSG I'm going to the 2003 DVD version not the The Song Remains the Same movie version.

Sure man, i came across this movie on YouTube randomly, and the question came to me... Usually I listen to the "heywood" remaster, which features complete versions, correct "celebration day", and some other things... Honestly i don't know why they chopped out almost middle of black dog on the movie... 

10 hours ago, SilverVishnu said:

1973-07-29 as per

Flags at half mast - see 

Ok but the quality on this video Is excellent, so where did they get the soundboard? And why they used that source?

Edited by Berna

11 hours ago, Berna said:

Ok but the quality on this video Is excellent, so where did they get the soundboard? And why they used that source?

It's the professionally recorded audio used for the film. Are you assuming the YouTube poster used a soundboard for the video?

On 5/20/2020 at 11:49 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

It's the professionally recorded audio used for the film. Are you assuming the YouTube poster used a soundboard for the video?

It isn't the One used on the 2007 release for sure... Just listen to It... Completely different... Is the audio coming from the 1976 release?

5 hours ago, Berna said:

Is the audio coming from the 1976 release?

That would be my guess. I don't have the old copy on hand or I would check. I don't think it's a soundboard though because the crowd noise comes back in at the end of the song.