Seattle Aug 20 / 71

ally

It did take place, and there are bootlegs of it. Firecrackers Explosion (EVSD) and Wild Weekend (TDOLZ).

Was alway's curious about that date. With 3000 fans apparently from Seattle crashing the gates in Vancouver the night before I wondered why. Wild Weekend I alway's associated with LA. How do these two sound ?

This is my mistake. Those actually are from LA the following day. There is confirmation of the Seattle show, but no setlist or bootlegs. My bad for misreading.

Not a problem Solar. The main reason I'm curious is because The Vancouver set list is quite a bit different from anything.. LA on. So Seattle being in between these shows may have been different as well. The Vancouver show being the tour opener was closer to the Copenhagen set. and then some. I emailed SteveAJones the complete set list the other day

• 2 years later...

Wow, I had to go back 18 pages in the Live Forum to find this topic, can't believe it was so long ago. Or, perhaps my memory of reading this topic! Ah, the mind of a Zep fanatic! :)

Anyway, I just noticed that Sam doesn't have this show listed in the timeline section anymore. I wonder if it ever took place? Dave Lewis lists this show in "The Concert File", but has no information about the show, outside the fact that it allegedly took place at the Seattle Center Coliseum.

If you look at the early US dates of the 1971 tour, per The Concert File:

Vancouver - Aug 19

Seattle - Aug 20?

LA Forum - Aug 21-22

Ft. Worth, Texas - Aug 23

Dallas - Aug 24

Houston - Aug 25

San Antonio - Aug 26

Oklahoma City - Aug 27

St. Louis - Aug 28

New Orleans - Aug 29

DAY OFF - Aug 30

Orlando - Aug 31

I find it either hard to believe or amazing that Zep would kick off this tour with 11 straight dates played, if the Seattle show did happen...the strain on Robert's voice!!!

Anyway, a new live mystery: did this Seattle show happen?

Sam's timeline also shows that:

Oklahoma City didn't happen

Houston was the 26th

San Antonio was the 27th

So, I think it's safe to say that Zep didn't start the US Tour with 11 straight dates!

It doesn't appear that there was a gig on the 20th and I agree, 11 straight nights would have been torture on Roberts voice. Still, highly unusual not to have included Seattle on any tour let alone 71

It doesn't appear that there was a gig on the 20th and I agree, 11 straight nights would have been torture on Roberts voice. Still, highly unusual not to have included Seattle on any tour let alone 71

Definitely did not play Seattle (or anywhere else) on that date. Further substantiation of this via Pamela Des Barres' book 'I'm With The Band', wherein she writes of speaking briefly with Jimmy before proceeding to Robert's room at Continental Hyatt House in LA (on this date). They played The Forum the next night.

I think you could be right, ill mail him and find out

It was his comment about the mudshark incident that gave it away. Maybe he just got his dates confused

I was at the Vancouver gig the night before and witnessed the crush that happened after the doors where openned to the Seattle fans who had made the trip up.

Archived