Song Remains The Same Directors Cut?

JimmyDave

31 minutes ago, JimmyDave said:

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is any way of viewing SRTS in it’s entirety in chronological order. Perhaps some sort of directors cut out there? 

Ledzepfilm or Led Zeppelin Boots might have a version on youtube that is close to what you are seeking. But there is no "directors cut" because 1) both directors are dead; and 2) the director in charge of filming the original concerts, Joe Massot, gummed up the works by not getting useable footage of every song in the concert; and 3) Peter Clifton, the director hired to fill in the gaps by reshooting at Shepperton Studios, only filmed footage for those gaps, not entire concerts.

Therefore, we are left with hodgepodges of film...some from MSG '73, some from Shepperton '74...that still doesn't add up into a whole concert.

The entire "The Song Remains the Same" experience is literally a textbook for all bands and filmmakers out there on how NOT to make a concert film.

Edited by Strider

Sent you a PM with a link to the Eckoes Re-edit DVD of The Song Remains The Same which is closest we'll ever get to what you're looking for. The guy's done a great professional looking job sequencing the songs in the correct order and included all the available missing songs from the 2003 DVD set. Very enjoyable, superbly edited and the only version I now watch.

Enjoy!  

1 hour ago, JimmyDave said:

Thank You Michael, I appreciate your in-depth reply! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for!!!

I have also done a re-edit of the concert with a more extensive approach to re-arranging the footage to match the audio and fixing any weird anomalies and timing errors and adding on some different musical passages. If you'd be interested in this, send me a DM. :)

17 hours ago, ledzepfilm said:

I have also done a re-edit of the concert with a more extensive approach to re-arranging the footage to match the audio and fixing any weird anomalies and timing errors and adding on some different musical passages. If you'd be interested in this, send me a DM.

And also quick question: is this the version you posted that you were starting work on back in 2014? I remember you had ideas about how you were going to fill the No Quarter void and a few gaps caused by backstage, dream or Shepperton sequences.

Would love to see the final version of that project!

20 hours ago, ledzepfilm said:

I have also done a re-edit of the concert with a more extensive approach to re-arranging the footage to match the audio and fixing any weird anomalies and timing errors and adding on some different musical passages. If you'd be interested in this, send me a DM. :)

Hello,  can I also have the link please?  Thank you!   Pete 

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2020 at 9:42 PM, ledzepfilm said:

I have also done a re-edit of the concert with a more extensive approach to re-arranging the footage to match the audio and fixing any weird anomalies and timing errors and adding on some different musical passages. If you'd be interested in this, send me a DM.

Hi please can I have a link to this you sent it to me once before but I’ve lost the silver I made of it. Many thanks