What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

"War Pigs" from the first California Jam in 1974. I remember thinking there was no way Deep Purple should have been higher on the bill than Black Sabbath. Preposterous. Weird seeing Black Sabbath in the sunlight...and no mustache on Tony. It was frigging blazing hot, too. One of the more uncomfortable concerts I have been to in my life.

Geez Strider, what legendary concerts haven't you been to? :console2:

I agree about Deep Purple too, just don't say that in the Deep Purple thread here, trust me...

Geez Strider, what legendary concerts haven't you been to? :console2:

Plenty. Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd, Free, Janis Joplin, The Byrds, Sly and the Family Stone, Woodstock, Monterey Pop, Isle of Wight, Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" tour, Velvet Underground, Black Flag at the Palladium, Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder tour, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in 1974....the list is endless.

Jethro Tull performed on the Rolling Stones "Rock n Roll Circus" December 11, 1968, with Tony Iommi filling in for Mick Abrahams on guitar. You can tell Tony is just miming Mick's guitar part...Tony doesn't even bother to use a slide when you can clearly hear slide guitar. But it is still a fascinating pop culture curio...it's weird trying to picture Tony Iommi going on with Jethro Tull and Black Sabbath never happening. At least without Tony.

PITBULL

GLOBALIZATION

This Miami rapper is very unique. I like his rap within the Latino flavoured dance tunes...He usually has other artists;Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, featured on his tunes.

I love dance tunes especially on these cold Canadian winter days.

Juliet :banana:

Edited by Juliet