What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

Is there a more underrated/overlooked power trio than the classic Robin Trower Trio of the 1970s? James Brewer on vocals and bass, Bill Lordan on drums, and Robin Trower on guitar (with that awesome Univibe tone).

Robin Trower Live on the BBC 1975.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Is there a more underrated/overlooked power trio than the classic Robin Trower Trio of the 1970s? James Brewer on vocals and bass, Bill Lordan on drums, and Robin Trower on guitar (with that awesome Univibe tone).

Robin Trower Live on the BBC 1975.

Underrated, thats for damn sure . RT's certainly gone thru some band member changes though...imo - the 70s were his best yrs, i admire the guy, hella player. Another thing about him, he never (to me) came off as a Hendrix clone. Frank Marino did... wannabe and thats why i never jumped on that band wagon. 

We'll never see Trower in R-N-R Hall of BS tho. His closest shat at that was when he was with Procol Harem.

Oh well... 

2 hours ago, chef free said:

Loved Trower back in the '70's!  My first show at Winterland was 1975 Robin Trower!  There's video of it on YouTube!  

You were the one whistling @22:05 ? LOL  just kidding, i bet that was a great show... listening to it now.