Barriemore Barlow - Jethro Tull drummer during the 70's

JethroTull

I've always thought highly of Barlow. One of my more favoriterest is Minstrel In The Gallery, and he's really onto something good with songs like Baker St. Muse. (where I pulled my username from. Yeah, I know, it's a pretty general name, but that's where I got the inspiration.)

He played on a couple tracks on Outrider.

I only know the stuff on -page's outrider...never was a -jethro tull fan. I think the same stuff from them on fm radio has alot to do with that. One would have to experience the american fm radio/same tracks over and over, from the major bands, led zep included, to know how you can be turned off from a band.

1972 Listen Now Living in the Past [Truncated] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums

1972 Listen Now Living in the Past Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums

1972 Thick as a Brick Jethro Tull Buy Now! Arranger, Performer

1973 Listen Now Passion Play Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba, Timbales, Tympani [Timpani]

1974 Listen Now War Child Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba, Drums (Snare)

1975 Listen Now Minstrel in the Gallery Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1976 I You Brian Protheroe Percussion

1976 Listen Now M.U.: The Best of Jethro Tull Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1976 Listen Now Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young to Die! Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1977 Listen Now Repeat: The Best of Jethro Tull, Vol. 2 Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1977 Listen Now Songs from the Wood Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba, BellsTabor, Nakers

1978 Listen Now Bursting Out: Jethro Tull Live Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums, Glockenspiel

1978 Listen Now Heavy Horses Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1978 Live at the Queen Elizabeth Hall Richard Digance Drums, Vocals

1978 Listen Now Woman in the Wings Maddy Prior Buy Now! Drums

1979 Commercial Road Richard Digance Drums, Vocals

1979 Stormwatch Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

1980 Listen Now Seeds of Change Kerry Livgren Buy Now! Drums

1983 Listen Now Principle of Moments Robert Plant Buy Now! Drums

1984 Listen Now Rising Force Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force Buy Now! Drums

1985 Transition John Miles Percussion, Drums, Programming, Vocals, Vocals (bckgr)

1988 Listen Now 20 Years of Jethro Tull: Highlights Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums

1988 20 Years of Jethro Tull Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums

1988 Listen Now Outrider Jimmy Page Buy Now! Drums

1990 Listen Now Bursting Out: Jethro Tull Live [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums, Glockenspiel

1990 Living in the Past [Rush] Jethro Tull Drums

1992 Listen Now Collection Yngwie Malmsteen Buy Now! Drums

1992 Listen Now Decade Kerry Livgren Buy Now! Drums

1993 25th Anniversary Boxed Set Jethro Tull Buy Now!

1993 Listen Now Best of Jethro Tull Jethro Tull Buy Now! Musician

1994 Listen Now Nightcap: The Unreleased Masters 1973-1991 Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums (Snare)

1995 Listen Now Momento: The Best of Maddy Prior Maddy Prior Buy Now! Drums

1998 Listen Now Thick as a Brick [uK] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Arranger

2002 Listen Now Fairport Unconventional Fairport Convention Buy Now! Drums

2002 Listen Now Minstrel in the Gallery [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

2002 Listen Now Too Old to Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young to Die! [bonus Tr Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

2002 Listen Now War Child [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba

2003 Listen Now Heavy Horses [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

2003 Listen Now Slideling Ian McCulloch Buy Now! Percussion

2003 Listen Now Songs from the Wood [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Drums, Glockenspiel, Marimba, Bells, Tabor, Nakers

2004 Bursting Out: Jethro Tull Live [Remastered] Jethro Tull Drums, Glockenspiel

2004 Listen Now Stormwatch [bonus Tracks] Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

2005 Listen Now 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Yngwie Malmsteen Buy Now! Drums

2005 Listen Now Down in Albion Babyshambles Buy Now! Gong

2006 Listen Now Live in Hope: The Wildlife Album, Vol. 2 Various Artists Buy Now! Percussion, Drums

2006 Listen Now Nine Lives Robert Plant Buy Now! Drums

2007 Listen Now Best of Acoustic Jethro Tull Jethro Tull Buy Now! Percussion, Drums, Glockenspiel

2007 Listen Now Principle of Moments [bonus Tracks] Robert Plant Buy Now! Drums

I only know the stuff on -page's outrider...never was a -jethro tull fan. I think the same stuff from them on fm radio has alot to do with that. One would have to experience the american fm radio/same tracks over and over, from the major bands, led zep included, to know how you can be turned off from a band.

Oh yeah, that's big complaint amongst hardcore Tull fans. The same few songs over and over on FM radio. If you are in an adventurous mood or know somebody who owns Tull's Benefit released in 1970, give it a try. Get the recently remastered version with the bonus tracks. Great electric guitar, plus some good acoustic stuff.

Archived