Levee Live?

pageluvva

Yep. From what I know, I think they played it in Rotterdam on 1-11-75, and then Minneapolis 1-18-75. Also the first two of the Chicago nights of the '75 American Tour. Like I said though, from what I know. 

I don't have any audio, mainly cause I don't want to do any digging and end up doing something that can get me arrested, cuz like I'm 16. 

28 minutes ago, pageluvva said:

Can anyone point me to any and all shows where they played When the Levee Breaks? The only one I know is 1-12-75 Brussels. Are there others? 

Thanks lot. 

Both warm-up shows (Ahoy) and the American shows up to the 2nd Chicago date had Levee performed. You can YouTube one of the Ahoy performances and the Chicago performance from 1-21-75. Here you go:

Ps. Even though it says 1-20 for the Chicago gig it is actually the 21st.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Ps. Even though it says 1-20 for the Chicago gig it is actually the 21st.

This recording is from the 20th (that particular source has some portions taken from the 21st, Levee is not one of them). Levee was almost certainly not played at 1/21 (despite what this site has listed under its setlist), and was replaced with How Many More Times in the setlist.

Edited by ed141

13 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Both warm-up shows (Ahoy) and the American shows up to the 2nd Chicago date had Levee performed. You can YouTube one of the Ahoy performances and the Chicago performance from 1-21-75. Here you go:

Ps. Even though it says 1-20 for the Chicago gig it is actually the 21st

respectfully disagree, I don't think that a recording from Ahoy75  is circulating. The recording you are referring to is from Brussels' Forest National. They did only two warm ups; Brussels (Forest National) and Rotterdam (Ahoy)

There's also a short Levee snippet from the elusive Bloomington SB floating around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hbWFNk_O9g

Frustratingly short, but according to some people the complete When the Levee Breaks (in contrast to 'Wanton Song' ) is preserved on the SB tape

Edited by duckman

Many thanks to all the kind folk here who helped me out. I knew you people would be the ones to ask. 

Much appreciated. 

After listening to a few they are pretty rough (performance wise I mean). Can we assume this is why it was never played live after this? 

3 hours ago, duckman said:

respectfully disagree, I don't think that a recording from Ahoy75  is circulating. The recording you are referring to is from Brussels' Forest National. They did only two warm ups; Brussels (Forest National) and Rotterdam (Ahoy)

There's also a short Levee snippet from the elusive Bloomington SB floating around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hbWFNk_O9g

Frustratingly short, but according to some people the complete When the Levee Breaks (in contrast to 'Wanton Song' ) is preserved on the SB tape

Ah, thank you, I always mix up the Brussels & Rotterdam shows.

2 hours ago, pageluvva said:

Many thanks to all the kind folk here who helped me out. I knew you people would be the ones to ask. 

Much appreciated. 

After listening to a few they are pretty rough (performance wise I mean). Can we assume this is why it was never played live after this? 

From what I have read they stopped performing Levee because they felt they could not recreate the song well in a live setting at the time. After getting the original demo Levee recording which is slower and very bass dominant with a totally different arrangement I am surprised they did not try it in that vein as part of the acoustic set, especially as that is what they did for the 95'-96' tour.