Tributebands

alien

Over the last few years i saw several good tributebands here in Belgium.Very good ones are :

-The Australian Pink Floyd Show

-Randy Hansen (Hendrix)

-The Muffin Men (Zappa)

Any experiences folks ?

Seen 4 LZ tribute bands, Boot-Led -Zeppelin are outstanding , anyone else seen them ?

The Australian Pink Floyd Show are utterly brilliant, cant find a fault with them.

Certainly are almost the next best thing (Roger Waters' DSOTM was the next best thing IMO). They obviously have put in the hours and the fact that they can sell out big venues like the Albert Hall is a credit to them.

They also play a wide range of Floyd material, from the odd Syd era tarck right through to the Division Bell. They played "The Gunner's Dream," from the album ignored by a lot of tribute bands "The Final Cut" at the Albert Hall which sent shivers down my spine, the mostunderrated Pink Floyd song IMO and the best.

I've got one of their DVDs and the Albert Hall show they did last May is supposed to be released at some point.

They played my hometown of Rochester last summer, hardly any distance from my house but I couldnt go :( .

Some clips from the forthcoming Albert Hall DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6iWcrCqKAw Learning To Fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-24ADJezk8&feature=user Comfortably Numb

Limehouse Lizzy are good but then arguably Thin Lizzy now is the best Lizzy tribute band around because they have Scott Gorham. :D

Boot-Led-Zeppelin are really good.

Fragile are the best (and probably only) Yes tribute band, last October I saw them do a gig with Yes guitarist Steve Howe in a 300 seat venue in Dartford, Kent - stunning!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I've seen Led Zepagain and Zeppelin USA

Peace Frog (Doors)

Rolling the Stones (self explanitory)

Kenny Cetera and the Chicago Experience

Pretzel Logic (Steely Dan)

The Long Run (Eagles)

Was not disappointed with any of those bands. While not the original they all delivered good quality music pretty darn close.

Limehouse Lizzy are good but then arguably Thin Lizzy now is the best Lizzy tribute band around because they have Scott Gorham. biggrin.gif

Scott Gorham is in Thin lIzzy & the Black Star Riders ....It was Brian Robertson that recorded some ( 3 track ep ? ) unreleased Phil Lynott demo songs with Limehouse Lizzy

Has anyone here ever seen the tribute band Get The Led Out, and if you did what did you think of the show? Haven't seen a Zep tribute band yet, but did see a fun Beatle one at a street festival years ago. They played well & harmonized nicely- and hearing those beloved Beatles tunes played live & loud in an outdoor setting was just great. Was made extra fun as they arrived by helicopter landing on top a nearby building and waved to the crowd below before they came down & played. (It was such a corny yet cool surprise I was laughing my a** off) They did a few costume changes to match the era with the corresponding songs. Wish I could remember the name of that group...did the tribute thing right.

Archived