Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 9/3/2023 at 1:48 AM, SteveAJones said:

74 MILLION+ Trump voters in 2020. Love him or hate him, I think we can all agree the cut off # for someone to be accurately considered a cult figure is far less than 74 MILLION+. For example, in the 1970s the Children of God, argubly the most famous "cult", grew to over 130 communities across the globe and yet had little more than 10,000 dedicated members. I understand everything is relative -- Led Zeppelin were once considered a cult band -- but for the sake of argument I propose we set the cut off to be accurately considered a cult figure at 10,000 or less.

so is Miss Pamela a cult figure or did she screw more than 10000 and now  she must  be bestowed in higher regard? 😂

8 hours ago, custard pie man said:

so is Miss Pamela a cult figure or did she screw more than 10000 and now  she must  be bestowed in higher regard? 😂

I think in their own way many of the old Sunset Strip personalities could rightly be considered cult figures...Miss Pamela, Kim Fowley and Rodney Bingenheimer among them. Recently miss Pamela said she is able to reconnect fairly easily with all of her high profile former lovers, except Mick Jagger, despite his daughter recently purchasing a photo of her that is now on display in one of his home. Supposedly her daughter said he still speaks fondly of Miss Pamela.

How many of you lefties remember this??

image.jpeg.e7d6bf8089d00945fe0cf3a95aff7365.jpeg

The left was apoplectic over this calling him a  murderer and they wanted him to hang for it.

Yesterday biden took off his mask and possibly exposed everyone around him to covid. AND THEY WERE ALL OLD PEOPLE.

image.jpeg.d7f066f62e2a6a9c27aecc8e93a77cb3.jpeg

kjp says he took it off to deliver powerful remarks. So I guess covid isn't as deadly for the left as it is for the right because trump wasn't even with anybody when he took his off and it was the end of the world.

When will left supporting fools finally see all their hypocrisy and crimes and realize they have been duped so badly that the country may never recover?

Edited by hummingbird69

21 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

When will left supporting fools finally see all their hypocrisy and crimes and realize they have been duped so badly that the country may never recover?

I want them to try to bring back mask mandates and social distancing. Make my day. I will NOT comply. 

16 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

This is soooooooooo RICH!!!!  Everybody on the right told him this would happen and he welcomed it now he's complaining about it????

If a republican said what he says in this video they would be cancelled immediately and have been.

That's absolutely fucked up.

23 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

This is soooooooooo RICH!!!!  Everybody on the right told him this would happen and he welcomed it now he's complaining about it????

If a republican said what he says in this video they would be cancelled immediately and have been.

But he and many others like him have proudly called themselves a sanctuary city until they get a few  then its a tirade

Stones songs I'm tired of hearing in movies, radio and commercials.

Brown Sugar

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Start Me Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Gimme Shelter

My faves by them:

Waiting On A Friend

Play With Fire

Can't You Hear Me Knockin'? 

Midnight Rambler (live)

Going Home

Monkey Man

Pretty Beat Up...................

Their new song 'Angry?'-------Meh. 

On 9/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, redrum said:

Silly on his part. For one thing, I am no fan of Oprah or The Rock, but they started the People's Fund of Maui with their own contribution of $10 MILLION. That's called putting your money where your mouth is. Their social media message is a global one, not something only meant for residents of Hawaii. Secondly, as I watch this man bitch about awaking early in his home, to drive his worn out car to work, which also happens to be a business he owns, I couldn't help but be reminded that all human suffering is relative. For example, the people of Lahaina have no homes to awake in, no cars to drive, no jobs to hold and no businesses to own. Spare them your pity  party and either put up or shut up.  

13 hours ago, redrum said:

Their new song 'Angry?'-------Meh. 

They say it isn't, but it just sounds like an outtake from A Bigger Bang. You know, Mick's a very worldly guy with a wealth of life experiences. He seldom seems to call upon them though, so we just get another song about a troubled romantic relationship.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Silly on his part. For one thing, I am no fan of Oprah or The Rock, but they started the People's Fund of Maui with their own contribution of $10 MILLION. That's called putting your money where your mouth is. Their social media message is a global one, not something only meant for residents of Hawaii. Secondly, as I watch this man bitch about awaking early in his home, to drive his worn out car to work, which also happens to be a business he owns, I couldn't help but be reminded that all human suffering is relative. For example, the people of Lahaina have no homes to awake in, no cars to drive, no jobs to hold and no businesses to own. Spare them your pity  party and either put up or shut up.  

Way to go steve, have no respect or compassion for people who are living from paycheck to paycheck.  oprah actually paid over 6 million for something near a thousand acres of maui land so if she wants to do something she could give far more than 5 million.

Suffering is not relative either.  If I live next door to oprah and both our homes burn down, I lose everything, I have nothing and nowhere to go. She on the other hand will just go live in one of the 7 other mansions she owns across America, one of which is worth some 100 million dollars. She's not suffering like the residents of Lahaina at all and I am sure that no one in her family is still missing or dead.. This mans point is that oprah and dwayne are not suffering the way he and those they are asking money from are. Both of them could easily give a lot more than 5 million and not even feel it leave their bank accounts.  They should have donated far more, especially oprah and they should have stayed behind the scenes and kept their names out of the paper. What I see in that video are two rich publicity seekers saying look at me I'm doing a good deed for as little money possible.

14 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Way to go steve, have no respect or compassion for people who are living from paycheck to paycheck.  oprah actually paid over 6 million for something near a thousand acres of maui land so if she wants to do something she could give far more than 5 million.

Suffering is not relative either.  If I live next door to oprah and both our homes burn down, I lose everything, I have nothing and nowhere to go. She on the other hand will just go live in one of the 7 other mansions she owns across America, one of which is worth some 100 million dollars. She's not suffering like the residents of Lahaina at all and I am sure that no one in her family is still missing or dead.. This mans point is that oprah and dwayne are not suffering the way he and those they are asking money from are. Both of them could easily give a lot more than 5 million and not even feel it leave their bank accounts.  They should have donated far more, especially oprah and they should have stayed behind the scenes and kept their names out of the paper. What I see in that video are two rich publicity seekers saying look at me I'm doing a good deed for as little money possible.

Oprah and Rock's motivations for establishing and contributing to the fund in such a high profile manner can be debated. Is it virtue signalling, or is it using their celebrity status for the greater good? My point is as private citizens they did something to help and they contributed towards it. They were not obligated to do anything. The small business owner is likewise not obgligated to do anything, yet all he does do is bitch and complain about two who have. He can cry me a fucking river.  Some are so quick to brand Oprah and Rock as grandstanding, and yet it seems here the small business owner offering no solutions gets a pass for grandstanding because he's not well off. The people of Lahaina would consider themselves blessed to awake today with a home, a car and a job living paycheck to paycheck, and THAT is where his daily struggle is indeed relative to theirs.

Edited by SteveAJones