2022 NHL season thread

LedZeppfan1977

On 4/7/2023 at 6:40 AM, hummingbird69 said:

The win is remarkable because it's historic, 2 more and they become the winningest franchise in NHL history for a regular season. No easy feat.  Downplay it all you want. Although, I can see why 61 wins means nothing to you. Your team is one game under 500 and won't be making NHL history at all unless you want to note that it will have been 12 years since they last made the playoffs.  

This is far from the best team Boston has put out there over the years.  I was in fact a fan when Orr played there until the Sabres entered the league.  The old battles vs Montreal never went well, but those Boston teams would wipe the ice with this overate team.  They are far from a cinch to win the Cup.  I really do not care about the long drought.  Im more pissed at the end of the 06 season when we had won Presidents Trophy, and when we lost 4 starting defensemen to injury, it cost us the Cup vs Carolina.  Losing game 7 as they had a 3-2 lead going into the third in game 7.  The young team we have now should make it next year and if Adams makes the right moves, they can even contend.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Better chance than your Sabres.

Well anything can happen and they have a good team with veterans.  My Sabres are the youngest team in the  NHL.  The future looks very good.  They are not out of it yet but no help from other teams that we had hoped.   The West is a joke this year. 

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well anything can happen and they have a good team with veterans.  My Sabres are the youngest team in the  NHL.  The future looks very good.  They are not out of it yet but no help from other teams that we had hoped.   The West is a joke this year. 

Your sabers are all done.

image.jpeg.f07d1a43c0e1ab32c113d462570c08cb.jpeg

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Your sabers are all done.

image.jpeg.f07d1a43c0e1ab32c113d462570c08cb.jpeg

It depends on whether Florida or Isle keep winning. They need one of them to lose. Its a goo year.  Winning record with many young rookies with break through seasons.  And Owen Power was a rookie, NHL number one pick who is going to be fabulous.  Already is.  I would rather be the Sabres moving forward than many old teams like Washington and Pittsburgh who will be one and done if they get in.  Pittsburgh likely is done.  If its Isles and Florida I dont expect a deep run from either.  Boston, Toronto and Devils are on a collision course.  In the EAST.    Colorado is way over rated and are not the same team as last year.  They will be dethroned.   I pick Vegas to play Dallas in the West final.  Sure the Kings could get there but wont beat Vegas.  Ill take either Boston or the Leafs vs Vegas in final.  Devils too young

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It depends on whether Florida or Isle keep winning. They need one of them to lose. Its a goo year.  Winning record with many young rookies with break through seasons.  And Owen Power was a rookie, NHL number one pick who is going to be fabulous.  Already is.  I would rather be the Sabres moving forward than many old teams like Washington and Pittsburgh who will be one and done if they get in.  Pittsburgh likely is done.  If its Isles and Florida I dont expect a deep run from either.  Boston, Toronto and Devils are on a collision course.  In the EAST.    Colorado is way over rated and are not the same team as last year.  They will be dethroned.   I pick Vegas to play Dallas in the West final.  Sure the Kings could get there but wont beat Vegas.  Ill take either Boston or the Leafs vs Vegas in final.  Devils too young

No, I'm sorry to say the sabers are done. They have no chance of getting in.  Any team facing the Bruins will have a monumental task in facing down their scoring, defense and goaltending. BTW, If you think the Bruins are overrated after being first in the NHL for wins, points, goal differential and team save percentage and the best penalty killing then you are sorely overrating the sabers.

16 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

No, I'm sorry to say the sabers are done. They have no chance of getting in.  Any team facing the Bruins will have a monumental task in facing down their scoring, defense and goaltending. BTW, If you think the Bruins are overrated after being first in the NHL for wins, points, goal differential and team save percentage and the best penalty killing then you are sorely overrating the sabers.

Your full of crap they are done.  Look at the standings.  Yes the tough part is beating New Jersey tonight with Luukenen instead of Levi.  After that its Ottawa and Columbus.  So 93 points is best they can do.  The Islanders have one left.  Montreal.  Now take away the Leafs game and Montreal has played better of late.  Yes an upset would be welcome but even if Isles win, if Sabres can find a way to win all 3 games, they beat out the Isles.  Pittsburgh gets two bad teams.  Chicago and another bad one, might be Columbus.  But Florida gets Carolina in last game.  Very possible loss.  So if they lose, Sabres win out, they are in.  Its not as long a shot as you say.  The third straight win over the Rangers kept them alive.  We know the Sabres are better than Pittsburgh, and just as good as Florida and I believe better than Islanders.  Only consistent goaltending all year has saved the Islanders.  But they will be one and done.  You want the Sabres out because if they played Boston they can score and give them fits. Like when they beat them in Boston with Luukenen.  But it would not be Luukenen any more pal.  It would be Levi.  Sure its odds against us. Because we need help.  If we miss, it wont be by much.  I say they do make it next year.  But I am not giving up on this one.  I really believe it boils down to the game in N Jersey tonight. Maybe for old times sake Lindy takes his foot off the gas?  

Here's an analogy for you. The sabers are like that tv show the walking dead and they are the last zombie that won't die. Even if they get a sequel they will have to face the Bruins in the first round and will most likely be swept.  Don't like that? here's a metaphor.  What you've posted above could best be described as a pipe dream or as one might say "That's a lot of Ifs". You know what else they say? A miss is as good as a mile. It doesn't matter how close they come if their out their out.

They are most likely going to miss the playoffs only three straight can save them. Right now they are 4 points back of the panthers and everyone else has to lose all of theirs. They need a miracle to make it in. Oh, and I am in no way worried about what the sabers will do with Boston because we flattened them this season. outscoring them 29 to 9 with 2 shutouts. I have no fear of the walking dead.

Edited by hummingbird69

On 4/19/2023 at 10:17 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Bruins are getting smoked!  Embarrassing!  

There is a reason.  I heard 7 Bruins are ill.  Sick.  Lets hope they are better by tonight.  If so, they roll them.  I still pick Boston to win even if the illness costs them another game.  Sweet to see the Leafs roll Tampa last night. They showed up.  Expect them to from here on out.