2022 NHL season thread

LedZeppfan1977

I know I am  likely the biggest hockey fan here.  Zepscoda is gone to my knowledge?  He is a Rangers and Dallas fan.  I am hoping my Sabres take big strides this year and make the playoffs.  The Blues are my 2nd team.  They are always good.  Colorado will be a handful once again.  I think Toronto will be the favorites in the East.  And they should be.  I guess Ill pick the Maple Leafs to win the East.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say my hopes are high for the Los Angeles Kings this season. But maybe that is a good thing. In a weird statistical quirk, the Kings won the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014 after unimpressive regular seasons. Of course, goalie Jonathan Quick was in his prime and playing out of his mind in those playoffs.

Now, Quick is 36 and in the last year of his 10 year contract extension. Patrick Roy played until he was 38. Will Quick play that long? I don't know.

There are only three players left from the 2012/2014 Stanley Cup Champion teams.

#8 Doughty

#11 Kopitar

#32 Quick

6 hours ago, Strider said:

I can't say my hopes are high for the Los Angeles Kings this season. But maybe that is a good thing. In a weird statistical quirk, the Kings won the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014 after unimpressive regular seasons. Of course, goalie Jonathan Quick was in his prime and playing out of his mind in those playoffs.

Now, Quick is 36 and in the last year of his 10 year contract extension. Patrick Roy played until he was 38. Will Quick play that long? I don't know.

There are only three players left from the 2012/2014 Stanley Cup Champion teams.

#8 Doughty

#11 Kopitar

#32 Quick

Strider, they have no chance this year.  None. 

On 10/27/2022 at 9:57 PM, hummingbird69 said:

Hey Now!!!   What about them Bruins huh???   7 and 1,  best start in franchise history!!! Let's Go Bruins!!!!

Its early though.  I still think they will hit the skids at some point. They have had a ton of home games.  My Sabres won again last night and are off to a good start.  Red Wings next.

Does anyone know what happened to Zeppscoda?  He was the biggest hockey fan here next to me.  He is a fan of Rangers and Dallas.  And they played yesterday with Rangers winning 6-3 in Dallas. 

27 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Its early though.  I still think they will hit the skids at some point. They have had a ton of home games.  My Sabres won again last night and are off to a good start.  Red Wings next.

Does anyone know what happened to Zeppscoda?  He was the biggest hockey fan here next to me.  He is a fan of Rangers and Dallas.  And they played yesterday with Rangers winning 6-3 in Dallas. 

Hit the skids??   You mean like buffalo did last year ending up under 500 at 32 and 39 for the season???  The Bruins had 107 points last year with 51 wins I think they will do just fine. 

6 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Hit the skids??   You mean like buffalo did last year ending up under 500 at 32 and 39 for the season???  The Bruins had 107 points last year with 51 wins I think they will do just fine. 

Fired Cassidy why?  They have some old guys that will help with experience but get burned out

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Fired Cassidy why?  They have some old guys that will help with experience but get burned out

right they fired csassidy so he could go to vegas who has almost the same exact record as we do. There is nothing in the firing of cassidy. and as for the old guys, chara is gone and Bergeron is still plenty capable as is krejci. Did you see Marchan ? he looks like bran spankin new out there. I'm sure they will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Eichel comes in tonight with the Vegas team off to a great start.  The Sabres great start has been stalled by 3 loss's, one which they did not deserve and injuries played a big part.  I expect the Sabres to play fired up tonight to make the GM not look so stupid.  I have a brand new never worn Jack Eichel jersey (number 9), and have no clue whether Ill sell or burn

• 1 month later...

My Buffalo Sabres lead the NHL in goals scored with 127.!!!!  Yes.  Go look it up.  On fire.  Tage Thompson leads the way, with Dahlin and Power on defense.  Power is injured right now.  The Sabres just beat Vegas and Colorado on the road and head home to wear the old red and black on Friday vs Tampa.  A test that we can pass if Luukenen continues his strong goaltending.  My 2nd favorite team has been hot too.  The St Louis Blues until last nights loss in Seattle.  Yes, the Kracken have been good of late.  Tough at home.  I must add that Lindy Ruff, long time Sabres coach, has the Devils near the  top of the East.  They have cooled off of late.  The Blues had a miserable start but are now 500 after getting very hot. Ill close.  Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!  Oh, PS, I must give a shout out to the  Rangers and Zepcoda wherever he is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 7:58 AM, hummingbird69 said:

a9a4165f2d558378b5239d27d5a63f75.jpg

They sure could win. I see the biggest threats to them as , Toronto who they play tonight, Tampa always but I do not fear them any more.  The Sabres handled them.  We are going to miss out because we did not have a good goalie.  You guys stole Ullmark.  I think Vegas is a real threat.  And so is Carolina. I hate Carolina.  Stole Cup from us in 06 with 4 of our staring D out. Ill cheer for Boston vs Carolina.  I was a fan in late 60's before the Sabres were in the league.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They sure could win. I see the biggest threats to them as , Toronto who they play tonight, Tampa always but I do not fear them any more.  The Sabres handled them.  We are going to miss out because we did not have a good goalie.  You guys stole Ullmark.  I think Vegas is a real threat.  And so is Carolina. I hate Carolina.  Stole Cup from us in 06 with 4 of our staring D out. Ill cheer for Boston vs Carolina.  I was a fan in late 60's before the Sabres were in the league.

I'm not worried about losing to any of those teams, our goaltending will wear them all down.  My only worry is losing our best players to injury or dirty hits.  I am very confident that the Bruins will win the cup this year.

38 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The wins no matter mean anything until they get to the playoffs.  That is when you worry

The win is remarkable because it's historic, 2 more and they become the winningest franchise in NHL history for a regular season. No easy feat.  Downplay it all you want. Although, I can see why 61 wins means nothing to you. Your team is one game under 500 and won't be making NHL history at all unless you want to note that it will have been 12 years since they last made the playoffs.