2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Buck out as Mets manager. Can't say I'm all that surprised, even if I felt that maybe he deserved one more season. But this team was such a mess, that someone had to go. I don't know if Billy Eppler has been retained, but he needs to be the next head on the chopping block....

Bucks a great manager and they let him down!

On 8/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, Bong-Man said:

Enjoyed the Verlander vs. Cabrera matchup yesterday.  The best hitter and pitcher I'll ever see in a Tiger uniform.  Verlander still throwing 95mph and the curve ball is better than ever.  Miggy is basically playing on one leg, but he's hit over .300 since June.  Four batting titles for a guy who never got a cheap hit.  Both will be in the Hall and on our Wall in rightfield eventually.

Jim Price, the back-up to Bill Freehan on the 1968 team.  From the first day in a uniform he always referred to Al as 'Mr. Kaline'.  He was also our announcer for many years.  May he RIP.  

price.jpg

Nice tribute to Miggy! Watched on YouTube.  I believe the Tigers will be back in race next year. Join 🦁 Lions, but right now, Detroit belongs to Lions.  Not the Red Wings or Pistons.  

Too bad there was not a wild card round in 1977. Cincinnati might have won a third straight World Series.

The two wild cards in the National League in 1977 would have been Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. In the American League, Baltimore and Boston would have been the wild cards.

What a joke and mockery MLB has made of the regular season.

• 1 month later...

I was tempted to start a new thread, then decided just to bump this one. Shohei Othani signs with the Dodgers for a whopping 700 million. I understand that he's a phenomenal talent, but he won't be able to pitch next season & who knows how the surgery will affect his swing and power numbers. I would say the Dodgers overpaid a wee bit.

I think any team that was going to pay that much for 40 homers, 100 RBI and perhaps another quick postseason exit overpaid...

47 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I was tempted to start a new thread, then decided just to bump this one. Shohei Othani signs with the Dodgers for a whopping 700 million. I understand that he's a phenomenal talent, but he won't be able to pitch next season & who knows how the surgery will affect his swing and power numbers. I would say the Dodgers overpaid a wee bit.

I think any team that was going to pay that much for 40 homers, 100 RBI and perhaps another quick postseason exit overpaid...

Yes, you should have started a 2024 MLB thread. Ohtani as an  Angel belongs in this thread. But now that he's signed with the Dodgers starting next season, that's a clear sign the 2024 season has begun.