2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I've been watching a lot of Giants games lately & that offensive funk they've been in--I knew it wouldn't get better tonight. Not sure how San Fran is going to look in October if they hang on to that 2nd wild card....

1.5 games out just a while back to 10.5 out now. Jeez. 

1 hour ago, redrum said:

1.5 games out just a while back to 10.5 out now. Jeez. 

They could win tonight given the pitching matchup.  So John Means has thrown two warmup/rehab games that went well.  Man I hope he can pitch this year.  Gibson won last night but he is  a liability in the playoffs so as of now I am certain Kremer and Bradish would be the first two to go for Baltimore. The Phillies are on a tear and own the first wild  cad and still are 13.5 behind Atlanta.  Reds and  Cubs both hanging tough.  This is a chance to make a move on Brewers who have their hands full in Texas.  Yes they won last night. I am picking Seattle to get that third WC in the AL.  They now lead Toronto by 1/2.  I hope the bitch ass Giants LOSE that WC.  Fuckers cost me a  7 teamer by blowing a 6-3 lead vs Oakland!!!!!  How do you do that?

Baltimore in first place, Yankees in last, 17 games behind the O's!!!!!!  Love it!!!!!!  Boston and Toronto  both on the  outside but the only two that have a chance to change the AL playoff teams. I do not think it happens.  Seattle is going  to make it.  The question is, will Texas and Houston hang on?  I do not like Toronto chances, the injury to Bichette was a killer for them.  Means is almost ready for the Orioles.  I am not sure if they will let him start?  He may appear in relief?  To me Bradish, Kremer are solid as the one two starters in the playoffs.  G Rodriguez is my next guy.  Those 3 are solid.  But Means if ready must be considered.  

The NL WC race is going to the  wire.  Cubs, and Reds still alive and well.  Go Reds.  I hope SF gets sent to hell.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

33 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Baltimore in first place, Yankees in last, 17 games behind the O's!!!!!!  Love it!!!!!!  

I hope SF gets sent to hell.

Glad to see a different team up there. 

SF is paving their own way to hell. Can't believe they're still in 2nd place. 

On 8/21/2023 at 1:15 PM, redrum said:

Glad to see a different team up there. 

SF is paving their own way to hell. Can't believe they're still in 2nd place. 

I think they win today. The Giants I mean . Hey Bongman, if you read this, first, sorry to hear about the catcher from Detroit Tigers farm system that lost his life in a freak accident.  Second, did you see the  Toledo Mud Hens score last night?  24-10.  Hens!!!!  Detroit is not only playing better, but are a threat next year in the Central in my opinion.  I had a feeling the Orioles would get beat last night. And of course Tampa beat Colorado at home.  Now only 2 back in relentless pursuit. We get the Rockies next.  Kershaw should right the ship tonight for Dodgers.  

On 7/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, Bong-Man said:

Was watching the Red Sox play the Braves at Fenway.  I don't usually have an opinion about another team's uniforms, but the Red Sox wearing opaque blue and canary yellow was a little hard to digest.  Not sure what the reason was, but don't.  Just don't.  :thumbdown:

Sorry about that catcher who lost his life Bongman.   Did you see that Mud Hens score?  24-10,,  Tigers future looks pretty bright

That Orioles offense certainly exploded in the bottom of the 8th...

You hate to see when one of the greats just hangs on for too long--and maybe kingzoso can shed some thoughts--but that "Adam Wainwright Farewell tour" has been brutal. I haven't watched many Cardinals games, but everytime I see the highlights on Quick Pitch, Adam has been getting lit up. And his numbers obviously tell the story....

Enjoyed the Verlander vs. Cabrera matchup yesterday.  The best hitter and pitcher I'll ever see in a Tiger uniform.  Verlander still throwing 95mph and the curve ball is better than ever.  Miggy is basically playing on one leg, but he's hit over .300 since June.  Four batting titles for a guy who never got a cheap hit.  Both will be in the Hall and on our Wall in rightfield eventually.

Sorry about that catcher who lost his life Bongman.   Did you see that Mud Hens score?  24-10,,  Tigers future looks pretty bright

Jim Price, the back-up to Bill Freehan on the 1968 team.  From the first day in a uniform he always referred to Al as 'Mr. Kaline'.  He was also our announcer for many years.  May he RIP.  

price.jpg

Edited by Bong-Man

On 8/28/2023 at 12:39 PM, Bong-Man said:

Enjoyed the Verlander vs. Cabrera matchup yesterday.  The best hitter and pitcher I'll ever see in a Tiger uniform.  Verlander still throwing 95mph and the curve ball is better than ever.  Miggy is basically playing on one leg, but he's hit over .300 since June.  Four batting titles for a guy who never got a cheap hit.  Both will be in the Hall and on our Wall in rightfield eventually.

Jim Price, the back-up to Bill Freehan on the 1968 team.  From the first day in a uniform he always referred to Al as 'Mr. Kaline'.  He was also our announcer for many years.  May he RIP.  

price.jpg

No doubt.  Today Verlanader is going vs Yankees.  I wonder if Dusty Baker will use him as his first pitcher in the plaoffs?  I just hope the Orioles do not get them first.  If we must play them, let it be the ALCS.  We have Tampa in relentless pursuit.  Gibson is our worst starter.  Proved it again yesterday.  He will pitch a good game and then a bad one is almost certain. He is a liability we do not need in the playoffs.  I am hoping Means is ready and I mean any day.  Bradish and Kremer, and G Rodriguez is a good 123 starting rotation in the playffs. If Means can be effective by then, we have a rich deep squad

The team has won three World Series titles and six National League (NL) pennants since moving to San Francisco. 

I can't complain. I'm only sorry my 3 brothers passed away before SF won the 3 titles. 

I remember as a kid when the Giants came to SF. Exciting times. 

GIANTS ARRIVE SF.jpg

On 9/6/2023 at 8:17 AM, paul carruthers said:

Texas Rangers in danger of missing the playoffs altogether. That AL Wild Card race may be the best thing to watch as the season winds down...

They had 4 starters on the AL all star team.  I thought that was a bit much.  Now they look bad. Blown out by Houston, a team that owns them.  Toronto is hell bent on getting that WC.  Texas still only 1/2 back.  I hope the Reds find a way to get the last NL WC.  Three way battle w Arizona and Marlins who somehow beat Dodgers 3 straight.  
Orioles lead at 4!  Boston and Tampa up next and both will be out to get us