2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

10 hours ago, ebk said:

Didn't go quite as I'd hoped it would...

Cant win em all.  But we are doing very well.  I am surprised the pen did not hold the  lead.  Wells tonight.  And Kremer tomorrow.  I am hoping Means is coming along well?  There is no recent news.  If he is ready and is his old self we are ready to go far.

After watching the highlights this morning, I can see I made the right decision by choosing sleep over watching the Mets game. I feel most sorry for the fans in attendance at Citi Field, what a brutal affair that must have been...  :unsure:

Edited by paul carruthers

19 hours ago, ebk said:

First place baby!!!!!!!

I’m delighted by this but pissed about two things!  What in the devil is Hyde with Mountcastle?  Once again he is not in starting lineup.  Is Hyde trying to piss him off?  And now Means return slated for September 1.  Such bullshit

What has happened to the Marlins lately, they can't buy a victory? I was counting on them staying ahead of the Phillies in that NL Wild Card chase. Only 3 spots for 5 contending teams--and, other than the Phillies--I'm not sure which team I would like to see get left out. I kind of like all four, but if I had to pick right now, I'll say Giants, Reds and D-backs....

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

What has happened to the Marlins lately, they can't buy a victory? I was counting on them staying ahead of the Phillies in that NL Wild Card chase. Only 3 spots for 5 contending teams--and, other than the Phillies--I'm not sure which team I would like to see get left out. I kind of like all four, but if I had to pick right now, I'll say Giants, Reds and D-backs....

My boys play the Phillies Monday.  I still think your Mets are in the WC race.  Not that far out.  I have no idea how SF is hanging around?  I think the D Backs will get in.  I hope the Reds do also.  The Dodgers look like the wrecking machine they have been.  Milwaukee is starting to play well but the Reds can’t be counted out.  I’ve looked at the standings about ten times today in utter delight to see my Orioles in first this far in, and I know they have the offense.  The pitching is good but it could be even better if Means shows up as his old self.  For Bucks sake I hope the Mets can rally, just not when they visit Baltimore in a few weeks

Was watching the Red Sox play the Braves at Fenway.  I don't usually have an opinion about another team's uniforms, but the Red Sox wearing opaque blue and canary yellow was a little hard to digest.  Not sure what the reason was, but don't.  Just don't.  :thumbdown:

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Was watching the Red Sox play the Braves at Fenway.  I don't usually have an opinion about another team's uniforms, but the Red Sox wearing opaque blue and canary yellow was a little hard to digest.  Not sure what the reason was, but don't.  Just don't.  :thumbdown:

It's their City Connect uni, honoring the Boston Marathon.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/red-sox-release-patriots-day-inspired-city-connect-uniforms

I hate most, if not all, of the City Connect unis.  

10 hours ago, ebk said:

It's their City Connect uni, honoring the Boston Marathon.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/red-sox-release-patriots-day-inspired-city-connect-uniforms

I hate most, if not all, of the City Connect unis.  

Thanks.  Saw the Cubs wearing "Wrigleyville" jerseys, and the Brewers wearing "Brew Crew", but had no idea why.

That Shohei Ohtani, he's pretty damn good...

Watched both, as it was miserably hot here.  Quite a display, and the locals seemed to appreciate what they were witnessing.  The ump sure gave him some strike zone help though.

couldn't stand watching mets lose again so went on youtube and watched a great special done by fox sports on Tom Seaver including interviews with him and wife Nancy  on their California winery, just a year or so before his passing, what a pitcher and competitor, very nostalgic for us old met fans