2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Apparently, the fire sale in New York has reached its apex, as Verlander has reportedly been sent back to Houston. If this makes my team better in the future, by trying to develop young talent--as opposed to overspending on under-achieving veterans--then I'm all for it. I'm not sure what to expect next year, but it should be better than this year's disaster...  :unsure:

Edited by paul carruthers

13 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Apparently, the fire sale in New York has reached its apex, as Verlander has reportedly been sent back to Houston. If this makes my team better in the future, by trying to develop young talent--as opposed to overspending on under-achieving veterans--then I'm all for it. I'm not sure what to expect next year, but it should be better than this year's disaster...  :unsure:

I hear 3 teams are now paying Sherzer.  He took some parting comments saying next year will be a rebuild for Mets, who come to Baltimore soon.  
Toronto has lost the AL leading hitter Bichette to injury.  

Orioles are killing the ball but of late Hays in a slump but made up for it with a great game saving diving catch two nights ago.

Flaherty will start tomorrow, the new acquisition from Cardinals.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I believe I've said this before, but I will be genuinely shocked if the Braves don't at least get to the World Series this year. They are just a well-oiled machine that looks to run over anybody in October, including whoever may come from the American League...   

I would not count the Dodgers out.  I think it’s between those two.  The AL will be a real battle.

@Kingsoso, you might as well cheer on my birds for now King!  Especially since Jack Flaherty takes the mound today wearing a Baltimore jersey 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3435485696766644&set=gm.1313761995893117&type=3&mibextid=S66gvF

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

21 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

With a bum like David Peterson pitching tonight, that's guaranteed victory for the Orioles. I'm guessing 8-2 final score....  

I'm all for that...  :) 

21 hours ago, ebk said:

I'm all for that...  :) 

He wasnt far off.  Hey, we got  some help.  If you read this Bongman, thanks to your boys!  You would think Detroit just won the pennant.  I watched the last inning on my MLB account that has me fuming.  They blacked out the stinking Meta series just like Yankees because we are in NY.  It makes no sense.  I live 7 hours from NY City.  If the playoffs pull that crap Ill go to a bar. Not that the Yankees or Mets are likely to see the playoffs.  I hope not. We need to sweep them.  Ill be able to see all the Houston games . Those wont be  a walk in the park even though the Yankees are giving them fits.  The Mets did get a good haul for Sherzer and Verlander.  They  got Acuna's brother.  And another real good prospect for Verlander.  So at least they got something.  Esther, did they give Buck a good cheer?  I always loved him.

5 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

why was announcer suspended?  Mets were blacked out here.  I have MLB for rest of year Esther to watch our Os!!!

He was suspended because John Angelos is an idiot.  This has pissed me off no end.  I think most of our broadcast crew sucks, but Brown is the best of the lot.  What a stupid, stupid thing for him to do.  Brings back bad memories of the whole Jon Miller thing and makes us look really dumb when we should be looking really fabulous.  

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/kevin-brown-announcers-support-orioles-remove-booth.html

Sigh... 

12 minutes ago, ebk said:

He was suspended because John Angelos is an idiot.  This has pissed me off no end.  I think most of our broadcast crew sucks, but Brown is the best of the lot.  What a stupid, stupid thing for him to do.  Brings back bad memories of the whole Jon Miller thing and makes us look really dumb when we should be looking really fabulous.  

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/kevin-brown-announcers-support-orioles-remove-booth.html

Sigh... 

Of course Jim Palmer is good analyst.  He can’t be happy.  I saw lots of negative stuff about it and we know Angelo’s is an asshole.   Maybe many empty seats, shocking with Houston here and we are best team in American League!  70 wins.  I hate it when things like this happen with us doing so well. Of course it is a Tuesday night

Boxes full

I love ❤️ Ryan Mountcastle!!!  472 foot HR, longest of year.  Baltimore 2. Houston 0.  

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I hate SF!!!  Hate them!!!  Sunday, I need the bastards to beat Oakland to win 7 team parlay.  I even had Cubs over Atlanta.  The jackass bitch Midgets had a 6-3 lead and 😡 LOST!!!

The spin continues. 

On 6/27/2023 at 2:05 PM, kingzoso said:

John Goodman was there cheering on his Cardinals.  I saw a picture of him with Ozzie Smith.  

Had to go back 4 pages to find your last post.  So I bought MLB tv for rest of season given the dream season my Orioles are having.  I am actually watching and cheering on your Cardinals right now as they are winning again at Tampa, and of course it helps my team.   Flaherty is with us now.  Had a great first game and a tough second, but hey, Houston gives everyone fits.   We beat them today but they got us two days ago on a grand slam off Bautista in 9th . Can’t win them all but we have beat record in American League.  Cards up 3-0 in 7th.  We have Means pitching a rehab tonight, first step in his return from Tommy John.  If things go well with him, I say we have a heck of a shot.  Right now the AL is going to come down to Houston, Texas and my Orioles.  I know Tampa has to be mentioned too.  To me the NL is Atlanta or Dodgers.  I’m picking Dodgers.  Hope all is well.  I have to admit, even in an off year, the Cardinals are always tough. They now lead 5-0.

And my Orioles have not been swept in 76 straight series!

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 8/10/2023 at 7:05 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Had to go back 4 pages to find your last post.  So I bought MLB tv for rest of season given the dream season my Orioles are having.  I am actually watching and cheering on your Cardinals right now as they are winning again at Tampa, and of course it helps my team.   Flaherty is with us now.  Had a great first game and a tough second, but hey, Houston gives everyone fits.   We beat them today but they got us two days ago on a grand slam off Bautista in 9th . Can’t win them all but we have beat record in American League.  Cards up 3-0 in 7th.  We have Means pitching a rehab tonight, first step in his return from Tommy John.  If things go well with him, I say we have a heck of a shot.  Right now the AL is going to come down to Houston, Texas and my Orioles.  I know Tampa has to be mentioned too.  To me the NL is Atlanta or Dodgers.  I’m picking Dodgers.  Hope all is well.  I have to admit, even in an off year, the Cardinals are always tough. They now lead 5-0.

And my Orioles have not been swept in 76 straight series!

I will admit defeat for the Saint Louis Cardinals this year.  That is something that I never thought I  would never say.  Regardless, one bad season does not spell doom for my Love of the Cardinals.  Just for the record, the Cardinals last losing season was 15 years ago.  That is what I am proud of.  Like you have said Rick, you can't win them all.  

I will be still rooting for the Texas Rangers or the Houston Astros.

I will say this to you Rick, I wish your Baltimore Orioles success, but don't be too disappointed when they fail in the Playoffs.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:20 AM, kingzoso said:

I will admit defeat for the Saint Louis Cardinals this year.  That is something that I never thought I  would never say.  Regardless, one bad season does not spell doom for my Love of the Cardinals.  Just for the record, the Cardinals last losing season was 15 years ago.  That is what I am proud of.  Like you have said Rick, you can't win them all.  

I will be still rooting for the Texas Rangers or the Houston Astros.

I will say this to you Rick, I wish your Baltimore Orioles success, but don't be too disappointed when they fail in the Playoffs.

How can you be so certain they will?  

12 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Buck Showalter may be a dead manager walking at this point.... :(

He got them to show up after being blown out back to back.  Yankees turn tonight.  Love how Yankees lost to Marlins and how Mullins beat Seattle.  I still think Seattle is better than Toronto and will get the WC