2022-23 NBA thread...

paul carruthers

Fuck. The Lakers-Nuggets series is on ESPN while Heat-Celtics is on TNT. I would rather it be the other way around. I hate having to watch games on ESPN. Their coverage sucks. Their hosts suck. Their camera coverage sucks. I don't need a crowd shot after every fucking play. I especially don't need to see the latest loser rappers/ celebrities who will be forgotten in 15 minutes. There is only one celebrity at an NBA game that matters: Jack Nicholson.

But most of all, their worshipping of Lebron James sucks. ESPN works overtime to make everyone believe Lebron is the greatest player ever. But I am old enough to remember watching Michael Jordan. Not to mention Wilt, Bill Russell, Kareem, Magic, and Bird.

Edited by Strider

Its hard to believe Boston lost both games at home and trail 2-0.  They are a better team on the road.  So the Lakers now have a chance to be the first team to ever erase a 3-0 deficit.  Wont happen.  But someday you would think it would happen in basketball?  Its the only sport where its never happened.  Its come close.  Of course in hockey and baseball its happened.  Only once in baseball.  When the Red Sox came back.  Several times in the NHL its happened.  The Lakers do not seem to have the capability?  But we shall see.  First they must win the next one to stay alive

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

The Lakers are dead meat. I would start flexing about the Heat, but I still find it hard to believe that Boston will get swept out of the Conference Finals....

Who saw this coming?  Not me.  If ever there was a team with a chance to come back from 3-0 ( NBA is the only sport its never been done in),  its this one.. The Lakers are done. No way are they winning in Denver twice even if they win game 4.  Boston?  Its all about them coming back and at least believing and trying. Or are they mentally finished?  If not, who knows.  But winning the first one is going to be the tough one.

Another Boston team on the verge of bowing out again.   I suppose that as a sports fan I have been extremely lucky over the years as my home town teams have won and won plenty. Many sports fans could only hope to see as many championships as I have but it still sucks to see teams that had great or record breaking seasons fall by the wayside because they just don't have it when it counts.

4 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Another Boston team on the verge of bowing out again.   I suppose that as a sports fan I have been extremely lucky over the years as my home town teams have won and won plenty. Many sports fans could only hope to see as many championships as I have but it still sucks to see teams that had great or record breaking seasons fall by the wayside because they just don't have it when it counts.

When do the "Fire Joe" chants begin?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

When do the "Fire Joe" chants begin?

Firing him won't change the fact that when it came down to it Tatum choked a few times. Bad passes at the end, traveling??WTF !!  missing layups!?!?  I mean I could have hit a few of those myself plus he didn't even get fouled on them. Other guys choked too.

The coach is also responsible because he really doesn't know how to coach a team to fruition. This guy waited waaaay to long a few different times to even call a time out when the other team was on a run. He's young inexperienced and probably isn't garnering much overall respect form the team in the locker room but firing him won't help unless they can replace him with a real coach that the team respects.

Edited by hummingbird69

image.gif.5b37ab336ef4c5013c73b413c34076d6.gif

Smart and Brown both suck!  How do they expect to win a game when they are missing free throws!!  All they had to do was hit both of their free throws and the game was over no drama at the last second. They get paid waaaaay to much money to be missing free throws when it counts.

They got lucky tonight.

What a game. I think Boston blows them out in Game 7. Boston should have David Ortiz and Pedro Martinez sitting courtside to summon the ghosts to haunt Miami. Two legends from the Red Sox team that came back from 0-3 cheering on the Celtics to do the same.

Let me be the 1st to congratulate the Celtics on pulling off the "miracle on the hardwood" and bouncing back from 0-3 to win the Eastern Conference Finals. I don't know how, or why, or WTF, the only thing I can do is use the bag over my head emoticon...  :bagoverhead:

I guess if nothing else, this will give more fuel for the conspiracy theory nuts who think every sport is rigged, anyway....  :rolleyes:

I'm going to backtrack everything I said previously & chalk it up to "reverse psychology." Seriously though, where was this Heat team after the 3rd game, when they should have put the nail in Boston's coffin. Now heading into the Finals, I guess one line of thinking might be that Miami spent all of their bullets against the Celtics, or maybe that Denver sitting at home for over a week will cost them. The whole "rest vs. rust" argument that comes up so often....

Sheesh. We went through all that for that game 7? Very anticlimactic. When you start a game 0 for 3-pointers, you might want to come up with a different offensive scheme than "jack up a 3".

Congratulations Miami but you might have been better off getting the job done earlier. As for Miami-Denver, I don't really know. I guess I'll go with the Heat, only because Pat Riley's Laker connection.

Edited by Strider

I love it when Chuck starts talking about everybody in the NBA "jacking up 3's," and he's so right every time. Boston chose to live and die by the long range shot & it definitely bit 'em in the ass tonight. 

As for the Finals, I'll say that Miami carries this momentum into the next series & win in 7 over Denver....