2023-2024 NFL Season Thread

Walter

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Goff once again shows why he can't be trusted. If Detroit's run game is clicking and their defense shows up, they have a chance to maybe win a game or two in the playoffs. But if they have to rely on Goff to make throws, forget it. He might get lucky on one of every four throws. But the other three will be intercepted or thrown too short and low for the receiver to do anything. As we saw on that last 2-point conversion.

to be fair in clutch time he drove them 80 yards  with no timeouts and nailed Laporta  for big chunks, then nailed the 2ptt. conversion only to get butt fuc$ed by the refs, they certainly in my opinion have a better chance going further in playoffs than cowboys, much better balance

Bills at Miami for the division title.  Hoping Bills can clinch today, a playoff spot.  The easiest way from what I hear is Seattle and KC winning.  KC is pissed at themselves.  But Im not sure thats enough?  Was cheering for the Raiders.  Nice comeback but fell just short.  Next year Raiders can make it.  I would normally be cheering against KC and fat ass Reid but I have to cheer for them today and Tahlor  Swift

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What cheerleaders are Buck and Aikman whenever they cover Dallas.  Sickening.  

I hope the  Lions coach is smarter in the playoffs.   How the hell does he justify going for it on  the 7 or 3 yard line. You tie the damn game.  Stupid

actually heard Aikman call out cowboy coach for not running the ball and calling 3 straight passes, wondering with happened and saying refs screwed lions

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

actually heard Aikman call out cowboy coach for not running the ball and calling 3 straight passes, wondering with happened and saying refs screwed lions

Fact. All things considered I find Aikman to be fairly even-sided.

Edited by Strider

10 hours ago, redrum said:

Miami Minnows. 

We need to play like we did vs them the first time and vs Dallas.  Take them out. The Bills have owned them.  I do not see their defense stopping us  But they can score and we have no Matt Milano.  So it may be a shootout I am hoping our defense is good and they get to Tua.

Well after a day of numbness, I only have the following to offer.  I don't have any love for either guy, but both Steve Mariucci and Rex Ryan immediately analyzed the two-point conversion attempt properly after the game.  No crying here though.  It was a heck of a game and a damn strange one at that.  As a fan, I also enjoyed the post game comment by Hutchinson.  "We'll see you at our house."  Could be.   

As far as "Gamblin' Dan" goes, he meant exactly what he told his team before that drive started.  "We're going down to score and going for two".  He would have gone for it again if they were on the 15-yard line.  From the fake punts to the 4th and 5's, he doesn't care.  He'll roll the dice no matter the odds, and he usually does it when he can't trust his tired defense.  There wasn't much to lose in this game from our end, and he wanted no part of OT.  Ask Tyler Smith why.

As for the halftime activities, I enjoyed "Achilles Last Stand" from Knebworth.  :whistling:                 

1 minute ago, Bong-Man said:

Well after a day of numbness, I only have the following to offer.  I don't have any love for either guy, but both Steve Mariucci and Rex Ryan immediately analyzed the two-point conversion attempt properly after the game.  No crying here though.  It was a heck of a game and a damn strange one at that.  As a fan, I also enjoyed the post game comment by Hutchinson.  "We'll see you at our house."  Could be.   

As far as "Gamblin' Dan" goes, he meant exactly what he told his team before that drive started.  "We're going down to score and going for two".  He would have gone for it again if they were on the 15-yard line.  From the fake punts to the 4th and 5's, he doesn't care.  He'll roll the dice no matter the odds, and he usually does it when he can't trust his tired defense.  There wasn't much to lose in this game from our end, and he wanted no part of OT.  Ask Tyler Smith why.

As for the halftime activities, I enjoyed "Achilles Last Stand" from Knebworth.  :whistling:                 

Right now its looking like the Lions will get the Rams.  Imagine that.  Stafford comes home for a big one.  I remember historically the Rams have always had trouble with Detroit.  It wont be a gimme but the Lions have the edge I believe.  I wonder if there is any way the Lions and Rams do not meet?   One guy on YouTube is bold enough to pick the Bears, who are playing far better, going into Green Bay and beating them.  The Bears are still alive.  If they do win, I dont agree that Seattle beats Arizona?  Toss up.  Seattle stunk vs Pittsburgh and Arizona beat the Eagles. So who knows.  

3 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Right now its looking like the Lions will get the Rams.  Imagine that.  Stafford comes home for a big one.  I remember historically the Rams have always had trouble with Detroit.  It wont be a gimme but the Lions have the edge I believe.  I wonder if there is any way the Lions and Rams do not meet?   One guy on YouTube is bold enough to pick the Bears, who are playing far better, going into Green Bay and beating them.  The Bears are still alive.  If they do win, I dont agree that Seattle beats Arizona?  Toss up.  Seattle stunk vs Pittsburgh and Arizona beat the Eagles. So who knows.  

I really think the NFC is wide-open.  Every team has a weakness.  When Lamar is on his game, Baltimore can't be touched.  That's why I think the Bears have to stick with Fields.  He's got a similar skill set that can't be accounted for by NFL defenses.   

I think the Lions can compete with any NFC team, but every matchup will be a struggle.  Playoff experience on our roster is limited. That's why I think the Dallas game was good for them.  Puts a chip on their shoulders and wipes away any of those good feelings of complacency from winning the division.

The most redeeming thing about the Dallas game for me was the continued use of Jamison Williams.  Goff threw that pass over 50 yards, so that ends local speculation that he can't hit him deep.  We should be doing that 3-4 times a game.   

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

I really think the NFC is wide-open.  Every team has a weakness.  When Lamar is on his game, Baltimore can't be touched.  That's why I think the Bears have to stick with Fields.  He's got a similar skill set that can't be accounted for by NFL defenses.   

I think the Lions can compete with any NFC team, but every matchup will be a struggle.  Playoff experience on our roster is limited. That's why I think the Dallas game was good for them.  Puts a chip on their shoulders and wipes away any of those good feelings of complacency from winning the division.

The most redeeming thing about the Dallas game for me was the continued use of Jamison Williams.  Goff threw that pass over 50 yards, so that ends local speculation that he can't hit him deep.  We should be doing that 3-4 times a game.   

You had a hell of a week in the pool!  You had to have won?  Sean no doubt sleeping 😴 off along New Years Eve in tinsel town!  😂 

So which teams sit starters?  Baltimore is.  KC must be as they wouldn’t be 2 point dogs at Chargers.  Not sure about Lions. -5 vs Vikings and Minnesota is still alive.  Rams and 49ers likely,   So we may see Carson Wentz vs Sam Darnold.  And Teddy Bridgewater for Lions? How will these backups play?  They must be rusty?

2nd biggest game is Saturday, Houston at Indy.  The winner turns on TV 📺 Sunday and squeezes for Tennessee to knock out Jacksonville.  

The big game is Sunday night, Bills -3 at Miami.  Game flexed to prime time.

GO BILLS!!!

I guess I would say I'm a little weary of this Texans/Colts game--then again--I'm always worried about my picks. I didn't even bother to check if Stroud is expected to play & whether he got cleared from the concussion protocol, I just have a gut feeling that the Colts might be had at home.

Of course, if they win, I'll just blame the old AFC South/NFC South jinx...:wacko:

Don't care who the Lions end up with in the wildcard round.  Each team will be a challenge.  But if we win and make the divisional round, I'd much rather go to Dallas than Philly, and not for any revenge.  The thought of Jared Goff playing outside at Philly with a glove on his throwing hand does not interest me a bit.

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

Don't care who the Lions end up with in the wildcard round.  Each team will be a challenge.  But if we win and make the divisional round, I'd much rather go to Dallas than Philly, and not for any revenge.  The thought of Jared Goff playing outside at Philly with a glove on his throwing hand does not interest me a bit.

Agree.  But I do not believe the Eagles will survive to see that game.  The Rams will be far tougher.  So that said, I would take the Lions over Philly anyway.  I fact, I put a small wager the other day on Bills vs Lions SB.  I believe that is going to be it.  Or Bills vs SF, the matchup I always dreamed of, Kelly vs Montana though.