Vancouver 1971 - 2nd Aud Source, with missing tracks

zeplz71

What a wonderful find. To have an incomplete source of enjoyable quality completed by ANOTHER incomplete enjoyable source for such a great gig, with the bonus of there being a rare track ! How lucky are we??!! Super hyped about listening to this show from start to finish. Thank you so much to the taper (so sad they passed and didn't see the pleasure this will bring to us all) and his mate who did the transfer.

3 hours ago, Michael Fry said:

What a wonderful find. To have an incomplete source of enjoyable quality completed by ANOTHER incomplete enjoyable source for such a great gig, with the bonus of there being a rare track ! How lucky are we??!! Super hyped about listening to this show from start to finish. Thank you so much to the taper (so sad they passed and didn't see the pleasure this will bring to us all) and his mate who did the transfer.

According to a post at the hotel, the sample that was posted to YT is a cellphone recording of the tape as it played over regular speakers, so the final version of this should sound much better than the sample. 

I would encourage those who are really excited about this second source of the show surfacing to hold off on buying all the eventual CDs that will be made by whomever...

When I transferred the cassette that I have to wav file, there were two physical settings on the equipment that was used which resulted in a transfer that is not as good as it could have been!

Add to this, I am also already making some effort to track down a cassette that is one generation better. (I do not have confirmation that it exists yet, I just have confirmation that it may exist in the collection of somebody else I know.)

I probably shouldn't have been somewhat taken aback by the very fond reception for this recording finally coming to light, but all the kind comments on the YouTube pages for my three song sample and on the LedZedBoots merged source version... it's nice to know that people are still appreciating this music!

I put a number of comments out on both of those YouTube pages, and I won't repeat all of it here - you'll just have to go there to read it... but the one thing ironic in all of this, is that I had that tape out and posted a picture of it on Facebook in May of 2022, and had commented at the time that I couldn't find it on YouTube and needed to look into it further. LOL.

On 9/5/2023 at 5:30 PM, Norsound said:

I would encourage those who are really excited about this second source of the show surfacing to hold off on buying all the eventual CDs that will be made by whomever...

When I transferred the cassette that I have to wav file, there were two physical settings on the equipment that was used which resulted in a transfer that is not as good as it could have been!

Add to this, I am also already making some effort to track down a cassette that is one generation better. (I do not have confirmation that it exists yet, I just have confirmation that it may exist in the collection of somebody else I know.)

I probably shouldn't have been somewhat taken aback by the very fond reception for this recording finally coming to light, but all the kind comments on the YouTube pages for my three song sample and on the LedZedBoots merged source version... it's nice to know that people are still appreciating this music!

I put a number of comments out on both of those YouTube pages, and I won't repeat all of it here - you'll just have to go there to read it... but the one thing ironic in all of this, is that I had that tape out and posted a picture of it on Facebook in May of 2022, and had commented at the time that I couldn't find it on YouTube and needed to look into it further. LOL.

Thanks for making this available. The 1971 tour is a highlight of the band's career for a lot of people, so anything new we can hear from it is very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...