2024 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

8 hours ago, custard pie man said:

perhaps the 24 mets can pull off a 73 finish and take the nl east? just sayin

The 73 Mets were just a game or two over .500 to take the NL East back then. We shall see.

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Last night's win was ugly, but when you're in a playoff chase, you take those Ws any way you can get them. Thanks also to the Reds for shutting out the Bravos...

Mets and Braves fight to the finish?  The Cubs are still alive also and most nights are tearing the cover off the ball.  They may sweep the Dodgers.   The Detroit Tigers are only 3 back! Who would want to face Skubal in game one?  Nobody!

My boys are close to getting Westburg, Grayson and Cuolombe back maybe by the weekend or next week?  Kjerstadt too and him and Westburg can’t return fast enough.

15 hours ago, ebk said:

This game will rip your heart out Jim! 

Or something like that...  will we ever win another game?

We will win plenty when Westburg and Kjerstadt and Coluombe and Mountcastle and  Urias and all the injured return.  Westburg is a huge injury.  He is expected to return next week.  Add Grayson to the list.  I still feel next year we are going to be pure hell as we will get back some big time pitchers.  But I am not waving the white flag.  No way.  We WILL get Westburgh and Grayson and Mountcastle back.  And the rest.  So may injuries.  But once Westburgh and Mountcastle return, they can put O'Hearn back on the damn bench where he belongs.  I expected far more from him in Mountys absense.  Hang tight.  Division or no divison we will be back on top

The Dodgers got creamed by the Cubs and Braves this week. In 5 games the Cubs and Braves scored 40 runs against the Dodgers meager pitching. That will not get it done in the playoffs. The Dodgers are toast and I am done with the baseball season.

It's on to football and hockey.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

The Dodgers got creamed by the Cubs and Braves this week. In 5 games the Cubs and Braves scored 40 runs against the Dodgers meager pitching. That will not get it done in the playoffs. The Dodgers are toast and I am done with the baseball season.

With a lineup like theirs your done?  Wow.  Yes pitching is a huge issue. Now I hear Glasgow is hurt?  The Dodgers are still dangerous though.  They can score.  Kjerstadt is back in lineup for O's today.  Westburgh is coming back soon.  I cant wait

21 hours ago, Strider said:

I was done with the Giants back in June. 😄

Giants at Baltimore tomorrow.  Fucking Hyde puts Mayo in at a critical time .  I knew he would strike out.  Stupid.  Westburgh due back this week.  Cant be soon enough.  Coulombe also.  Injuries have killed us. But we are getting some key guys back soon.  I just hope soon enough to pull out the division and sweep Yankees