More video treats from Speedy to drop this weekend - Chicago 77 and knebworth

17 hours ago, Zep Hed said:

Third show in Chicago set to drop Saturday. First Knebworth gig on Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/@speedysfilms/videos

First Knebworth Show is available in full on DVD anyway. Also in my memory.

Jeez I've just realised it will be 45 years in August since that glorious summers day in Stevenage, when Chas and Dave woke me up, and the day finished at 11.15 with Heartbreaker. What a day it was !!

Posted (edited)

Chicago Stadium 9 Apr 77 the aborted "Sick Again" show. A visual upgrade on prior footage supplemented by additional from a more distant camera. No Richard Cole 😐 but great stuff as we've come to expect from Speedy and ledzepfilm!

Edited by Zep Hed

The Food Poisoning (?) concert. Page looked sluggish having to sit down during parts of No Quarter and most of Ten Years Gone. Good well done footage with some detail of their faces during the zooms. Well done...

I wasn't that far from where Speedy filmed this. It was a fabulous day, one I will never forget. One thing that has always been missing, for me anyway, was just how the sound was when you were there, it as loud. Nobody's Fault But Mine - the bass and guitar just pummelled your stomach, and something I've been saying for years, is that the flash pots DID go off in Kashmir. Well done to all involved. If only Jimmy would re look at that show and officially released it?

On 4/14/2024 at 12:04 PM, gcczep said:

The Food Poisoning (?) concert. Page looked sluggish having to sit down during parts of No Quarter and most of Ten Years Gone. Good well done footage with some detail of their faces during the zooms. Well done...

I thought he was ok playing wise. I'm not sure how Mr Brownstone effects playing, but he seemed on top of it. It looked like he was up for playing, but not for moving around. If it was food poisoning he might have been clenching hard against what the food poisoning was doing. we've all had something go through us that the body strongly rejects, it's rough. Something during the No Quarter interlude might also not have agreed with him, or he went for a break and his guts just got worse.

Fantastic to see them in that film. The '77 shows in bootleg form might be a bit hit and miss, but I reckon being at any of the shows would still have been the concert of a lifetime.

Amazing how many things are surfacing!