Joe Bonamassa

Deezer

I've been touting this guy for quite a while. One of the most amazing younger guitarists I've seen come up through the ranks. He's absolutely insane. And he's about to get his own signature Gibson Les Paul. Here's a link to some videos. These contain his concert dvds, plus a current performance from the North Sea Jazz Fest, and a old documentary. Hope you guys like him. Just passing the word along. Also a big pusher for education of kids of the blues, participating in the Blues In The Schools campaign.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/jbtv/

Kind of depends on what you're going for. If you want kind of modern rock with a blues twist, get his first two, A New Day Yesterday or So It's Like That. If you want pure Texas-style blues, go with Blues Deluxe. And if you want more English-style blues with other weird stuff, get his last three, Had To Cry Today, You & Me (which has Jason Bonham on drums and features a good cover of Tea For One), and his current one Sloe Gin. He kind of goes all over the place.

Kind of depends on what you're going for. If you want kind of modern rock with a blues twist, get his first two, A New Day Yesterday or So It's Like That. If you want pure Texas-style blues, go with Blues Deluxe. And if you want more English-style blues with other weird stuff, get his last three, Had To Cry Today, You & Me (which has Jason Bonham on drums and features a good cover of Tea For One), and his current one Sloe Gin. He kind of goes all over the place.

I'm going to check this guy out. I've missed way too much good music in the last little while. Thanks :)

I tried to see if there was another thread on him, but when I tried to search, it wouldn't let me. At least I know there's someone out there who likes the guy.

Well, I missed that too so... thanks for posting. And irq82, thanks for the link.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The Ballad of John Henry is what I first heard when I discovered Joe and has been one of my favorites of his.

The hubby bought So It's Like That for my last birthday and Pain and Sorrow has become my new favorite of his at the moment.

Favorites of his change with my mood, he has so many good songs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been touting this guy for quite a while. One of the most amazing younger guitarists I've seen come up through the ranks. He's absolutely insane. And he's about to get his own signature Gibson Les Paul. Here's a link to some videos. These contain his concert dvds, plus a current performance from the North Sea Jazz Fest, and a old documentary. Hope you guys like him. Just passing the word along. Also a big pusher for education of kids of the blues, participating in the Blues In The Schools campaign.

http://www.jbonamassa.com/jbtv/

Deezer, if you are still around, you sure know how to pick em'!.....JB is amazing even more so 5 years later...ciao

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived