The Mars Volta

ArmsofAtlas

Haven't seen much mention of these guys around these parts. They have moved up my fave bands list so fast. Right now they are in the revolving 3 spot.

Prolly the most ridiculous amount of musicianship seen anywhere near mainstream, since Zeppelin. Their guitarist, Omar Rodriguez Lopez is the mastmind, and they are all around a very eccentric group. And their music can be over the top in its ambition.

Their 4 full length albums are all pretty amazing.

What are some thoughts on em?

Muse sent me Deloused a few years ago and I was hooked ! I now have that, Francis the Mute and Bedlam in Goliath....and that's my favorite release from anyone lately....

Definately one of my faves for the decade so far....

The new one is morning maniac music ! The drummer NEVER lets up !

Muse sent me Deloused a few years ago and I was hooked ! I now have that, Francis the Mute and Bedlam in Goliath....and that's my favorite release from anyone lately....

Definately one of my faves for the decade so far....

The new one is morning maniac music ! The drummer NEVER lets up !

Amputechture is my fave. The new one is growin on me, but its the first one that I didn't love immediately. I like the quiet loud dynamics and the new one busts ya right in the mouth from the first second.

To the poster above.... You should really just delete them, if you don't like em. In my experience "bad" music has no effect on the rest of the music in my library. Just curious, but what have you heard from em?

Been wanting to ask any Mars Volta fans this question....does the singer remind you of the MC5 singer, in terms of general appearance and stage moves? Obviously, MC5 singer from the late 60's/early 70's ,not now!

:mellow: Do you mean Rob Tyner?!

Archived