The Guns and Roses Thread

eagle87

I don't think that Axl was to blame for the riots. Those people who rioted, were to blame for the riots.

They could have simply gotten refunds.

They wouldn't have rioted if Axl had showed up on time (or at all, or if hadn't stormed off stage mid-set).

The whole "female" abuse thing, no matter how popular it is, has never been fully documented.

There are people that said the girls Axl were with were "crazy" and attacked or provoked him. So, who knows what actually happened. Stay out of it. You don't really have any business having an opinion on the matter. Personal shit is personal shit.

The whole "female" abuse thing, no matter how popular it is, has never been fully documented.

There are people that said the girls Axl were with were "crazy" and attacked or provoked him. So, who knows what actually happened. Stay out of it. You don't really have any business having an opinion on the matter. Personal shit is personal shit.

Last I checked I could have a personal opinion on any damn thing I please, including Axl's abuse of women.

I use to HATE and I mean HATE Guns N Roses. I can remember when they first can out I was like what the hell, Axel's voice sounded like cat's being dipped in hot oil. But now I'm beginning to like them.

Now Slash is another story, he's a great player.

I use to HATE and I mean HATE Guns N Roses. I can remember when they first can out I was like what the hell, Axel's voice sounded like cat's being dipped in hot oil. But now I'm beginning to like them.

It's never too late :) :)

noted. But it was the option to riot, or not to riot. You can't fully blame Axl Rose. As much as I'd like to, you just can't. There are other alternatives.

This is just one incident, there are more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose

In July 1991, during the early stages of the 28-month-long Use Your Illusion Tour, Rose jumped off stage during a concert in St. Louis to take a video camera away from a fan. The concert was aborted as Rose threw his microphone down and walked off stage and the other band members followed, sparking an intense riot.[46] Rose was blamed for the melee, and was charged with four counts of misdemeanor assault and one charge of property damage, for which he was arrested in 1992. The case eventually went to trial in late 1992, and resulted in a conviction, two years' probation and a US $50,000 fine for Rose.

This is just one incident, there are more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose

In July 1991, during the early stages of the 28-month-long Use Your Illusion Tour, Rose jumped off stage during a concert in St. Louis to take a video camera away from a fan. The concert was aborted as Rose threw his microphone down and walked off stage and the other band members followed, sparking an intense riot.[46] Rose was blamed for the melee, and was charged with four counts of misdemeanor assault and one charge of property damage, for which he was arrested in 1992. The case eventually went to trial in late 1992, and resulted in a conviction, two years' probation and a US $50,000 fine for Rose.

I have the concert on DVD. I understand that he was convicted, but just because a judge decides he was guilty or not, those people were responsible for their own actions. I'm not defending Axl Rose, but he didn't force them to riot. He wasn't found guilty of inciting a riot.

And that article is somewhat wrong. The guy had a camera. Which I guess, doesn't make much difference.

And you know, Slash is a BIG fan of Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page especialy.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived