The Deep Purple Thread

eagle87

• 3 weeks later...

Whoosh! outΒ today. I ordered the cd/dvd combo &Β should haveΒ it next Tues.

Until then, I’ve been watching the rehearsal video and listening to several threads. Here’s one with snippets of the album tracks.Β 

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/deep-purple-whoosh-new-album-listen-stream-download/

R😎

Edited by reids

5 hours ago, reids said:

Until then, I’ve been watching the rehearsal video and listening to several threads. Here’s one with snippets of the album tracks.Β 

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/deep-purple-whoosh-new-album-listen-stream-download/

R😎

πŸ‘I'll be picking it up at my local record store soon enough.

Edited by luvlz2

On 8/7/2020 at 7:33 PM, reids said:

R😎

Cd/dvd combo Release Delayed, so waitingΒ until Later this week to finally get it.

R😎

On 8/12/2020 at 10:46 AM, reids said:

Cd/dvd combo Release Delayed, so waitingΒ until Later this week to finally get it.

R😎

Finally got the cd/dvd combo today!!!

wow!!! This one is even better than the last few w/ Ezrin producing. Love the interview w/ Glover and Ezrin and the complete concert from 2017 on the dvd.

RπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

8 hours ago, reids said:

Finally got the cd/dvd combo today!!!

wow!!! This one is even better than the last few w/ Ezrin producing. Love the interview w/ Glover and Ezrin and the complete concert from 2017 on the dvd.

RπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Better than Infinite? Must be really good. Was going to go to my local record store this weekend to get one but it looks like it's sold out already but I had them order one for me. Can't wait to get it!

Edited by luvlz2

22 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Better than Infinite? Must be really good. Was going to go to my local record store this weekend to get one but it looks like it's sold out already but I had them order one for me. Can't wait to get it!

InfiniteΒ and Now What?Β Β both have some very coolΒ standout tracks, but this one as a whole (at least In the first few sit down listening sessions) sounds more solid. I think the maturity of the songwriting (chords, melodic structures, interplay among musicians with this lineup & lyrics) as wellΒ asΒ the cohesion of the group strengthens with each release. I believe Bob Ezrin gave them more room to let the songs breathe naturally Whereas the first two outings, he was having to help them reign in their ideas more as project manager / producer. I think the group trusts their own instincts individually and collectively to know & serve inΒ their role as band members ofΒ DP. No one is trying to showboat or outshine anyΒ other here. Β Those days are long gone.Β 

R😎

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, reids said:

InfiniteΒ and Now What?Β Β both have some very coolΒ standout tracks, but this one as a whole (at least In the first few sit down listening sessions) sounds more solid. I think the maturity of the songwriting (chords, melodic structures, interplay among musicians with this lineup & lyrics) as wellΒ asΒ the cohesion of the group strengthens with each release. I believe Bob Ezrin gave them more room to let the songs breathe naturally Whereas the first two outings, he was having to help them reign in their ideas more as project manager / producer. I think the group trusts their own instincts individually and collectively to know & serve inΒ their role as band members ofΒ DP. No one is trying to showboat or outshine anyΒ other here. Β Those days are long gone.Β 

R😎

:thumbsup: Cool, can't wait to get it! I ordered the combo that includes the DVD.

Not many artists do vinyl as good as DP when a new release comes out. As far as the new Whoosh album they have a purple vinyl version, a glow in the dark vinyl version, and a clear vinyl version. I bought a colored vinyl version of Perpendicular and it sounds absolutely excellent, you could tell it was made very well by the sound of it. Excellent quality.

Edited by luvlz2

On 8/14/2020 at 6:52 PM, reids said:

R😎

Just got the vinyl and listened to it and I agree with everything you say as far as the maturity of the songwriting and how the cohesion of the group strengthening with each release.Β  Still have yet to watch the DVD.

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Just got the vinyl and listened to it and I agree with everything you say as far as the maturity of the songwriting and how the cohesion of the group strengthening with each release.Β  Still have yet to watch the DVD.

Ok cool πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

enjoy. I watched the dvd W/ interview and bonus concert again The other night.Β 
Β 

RπŸ˜ŽπŸŽΈπŸ‘

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...