Who is your fave Sun Artist?

dragster

I think elvis is the best, I always felt bad for Roy orbison, and Johnny Cash is only a fad at this time until Joaquin Phoenix hooks ups with resse witherspoon in the Kurt Coban biopic.

Cash is a "fad"? I happen to be a longtime fan who was into his music long before the movie Walk the Line. If his fanbase increased due to that movie more power to them. If someone discovered his music because of Walk the Line, it doesn't mean liking Johnny Cash is a "fad".

Cash is a "fad"? I happen to be a longtime fan who was into his music long before the movie Walk the Line. If his fanbase increased due to that movie more power to them. If someone discovered his music because of Walk the Line, it doesn't mean liking Johnny Cash is a "fad".

fad

short-lived fashion: something that is embraced very enthusiastically for a short time, especially by many people.

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004

fad

short-lived fashion: something that is embraced very enthusiastically for a short time, especially by many people.

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004

Well maybe to someone who lives in a science lab 50 years is a short time in the scheme of all things. :D

Thanks for pointing out so easily to not take you seriously at all with any additional posts you make on this board.

How is that pointing out not to take me seriously? Did i offend you in any way. Did i express an opinion that you didn't like. Cash did receive a bump in popularity when that movie came out and now his popularity is slowing fading again. Just like a Fad. but then again you can call anything a fad. Like this board is a fad because of the O2 show. It was real popular 2 months ago, and now, not so much. Now if you liked Cash before the movie or still liked him because of the movie. You're a fan of Cash and not part of the Fad. Personally i wish Warren Zevon got the same bump as Cash did when he died. Maybe I'm pissed because Cash's death overshadowed Zevon's back in September 2003.

How is that pointing out not to take me seriously? Did i offend you in any way. Did i express an opinion that you didn't like. Cash did receive a bump in popularity when that movie came out and now his popularity is slowing fading again. Just like a Fad. but then again you can call anything a fad. Like this board is a fad because of the O2 show. It was real popular 2 months ago, and now, not so much. Now if you liked Cash before the movie or still liked him because of the movie. You're a fan of Cash and not part of the Fad. Personally i wish Warren Zevon got the same bump as Cash did when he died. Maybe I'm pissed because Cash's death overshadowed Zevon's back in September 2003.

Cash is far from a fad. His influence upon popular music today is undeniable and incalculable. To merely call him a fad due to a recent film depicting his life is absolutely ridiculous. Your comment didn't offend me; it's simply wrong and frankly pretty damn ignorant. Therefore, I cannot take you seriously... at all.

I'm not a fan, at least not anymore. I don't really give a damn about his solo career, and I pretty much hate Cream, but I have a soft spot for the Layla album. I think it's because of Duane rather than Eric. Oh well.

I can see why people like him so much though. Just not my cup of tea.

Im sorry, only you can have an opinion about an artist, just not me.

There was a resurgance in Cash's popularlity long before Walk the Line. It began with the first of his American Recordings albums. A movie of his life might have happened even without that resurgance but those series of records definitely helped put him back in the public eye. As for Zevon, I don't think his passing was overshadowed by Cash's death. The real travesty was how the Nashville community suddenly lavished praise on him but only after he'd died.

There was a resurgence in Cash's popularity long before Walk the Line. It began with the first of his American Recordings albums. A movie of his life might have happened even without that resurgence but those series of records definitely helped put him back in the public eye. As for Zevon, I don't think his passing was overshadowed by Cash's death. The real travesty was how the Nashville community suddenly lavished praise on him but only after he'd died.

Great point. I think we can all agree on that. I think we can also say the same thing about him after the movie with the general public.

I have to say Elvis saw him once in 76 my ticket is to faded to post you can read it if you strain but not worth the effort was planning to see him a second time but he died before i could.Johnny Cash and the Killer Jerry Lee and also Carl Perkins are all good .I will not slight any of them .They were all pioneers

of Early Rock and Roll and Rebel Country .They were different and in thier case different was good.Saw Jerry Lee a few years ago but he could barley get up on the stage by himself.However once he got hold of the piano it was on.

Jerry Lee, you forgot Jerry Lee, people.. and Charlie Rich, he's so f'n underated I can't believe it..

Agree with those mentioned though, Cash, Perkins, Presley..

The Silver Fox he was pretty cool .Behind closed doors

Archived