Zeppelin, the greatest band ever?

with respect to your stations choice of bands for the rock n roll tournament, leaving off the grateful dead and phish in favor of kid rock or 3 doors down is pretty bad. my logical conclusion is that you are a top 40 station...

WKQQ is not top 40. It is a mix of classic rock and current rock. They don't play too much Grateful Dead (maybe "Touch of Grey" or "Casey Jones" once in awhile) and I don't think they play Phish at all. The bands on the bracket is a pretty good representation of the bands they play.

I went to school at UK and usually listened to WKQQ while I was there.

Speaking of The Grateful Dead...to bad both bands didn't play at Kezar the same time. Can you imagine Jerry and Jimmy jammimg together?

Jerry joining LZ on No Quarter or Dazed and Confused..or even some acoustic numbers.

Jimmy jammimg with The Dead on Eyes of the World or Scarlet/Fire.

Both bands are very similar in their approach to playing live music. My two favourite bands!

Speaking of The Grateful Dead...to bad both bands didn't play at Kezar the same time. Can you imagine Jerry and Jimmy jammimg together?

Jerry joining LZ on No Quarter or Dazed and Confused..or even some acoustic numbers.

Jimmy jammimg with The Dead on Eyes of the World or Scarlet/Fire.

Both bands are very similar in their approach to playing live music. My two favourite bands!

agreed friend. sometimes though with two brilliant guitarists the thunder can be lost. maybe jerry has a cigarette while jimmy sits in to play a tennessee jed. phil could even sit in on a heartbreaker and i cant imagine what he might add to jimmy's classical interlude part. how bout even bonham, billy, and mickey drumming away into a classic dark star? :)

My first thought was that the 2 bands playing together would be like oil and water (think of Dylan & The Dead!)but then I thought of The Dead guitars intertwining with Jimmy on D & C and that sounds like a fantastic idea. Trouble is how long would the concert last? D & C on it's own would probably last 3 hours!

By far the greatest Band...Well they are up there with the Beatles. I see Led Zeppelin above the Beatles, only because they have more of a "Stiffer Lip" so to say. All of Zeppelin's songs have true meaning. We, the people do not need lies. We need the truth.

I wonder if they knew things were going downhill when Achilles Last Stand was released?

Well, "It makes me wonder".

From "No quarter", to The "Rain Song", to "The Song Remains the Same"

you wonder what they mean...no? well the educated ones know.

B) They got to put some hair on these smiley faces :D

Archived