ROBERT PLANT

peppermint

:D SENT TO ME

LEGENDARY rocker Robert Plant has sent a Led Zeppelin-signed souvenir programme from their recent reunion gig in London to Aberystwyth Town Football Club, for it to be auctioned for the club funds.

Proceeds from the ticket sales from the Led Zeppelin concert in the 02 Stadium in London, will provide music scholarships,created in the namke of the late Ahmet Ertegun,at schools in New York,England and Turkey.

The souvenir programmes from the concert will undoubtedly become collectors items in the future

A programme specially signed by the three Led Zeppelin rock legends - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones - is bound to be of tremendous interest to fans of the group, who may have performed together for the last time.

Chairman of the board at Aberystwyth Town Football Club Tony Bates, said, I have known Robert Plant for some time, and prior to the recently massively-successful concert at the 02 Stadium, I asked him to obtain for me a programme, signed by himself and Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, which the football club would be able to auction in aid of club funds.

Robert Plant, is a very keen football supporter, and he was very happy to oblige.

The programme will be auctioned, at a future football fuction, to provide much needed funds for this local club.

In addition to the programme, the successful bidder, will also receive a photograph of Robert Plant holding the programme itself, together with the original letter from him, showing support to this welsh club.

The above was sent to me by e mail today, Aberystwyth is approximately 18 miles, from the famous Machynlleth, and Bron yr Aur, where members of Led Zeppelin spent so much time back in the seventies, and has so much Zeppelin history connected there in the surrounding welsh sites.

The above report, appears in this weeks edition of the local paper, The Cambrian News.

:D SENT TO ME

LEGENDARY rocker Robert Plant has sent a Led Zeppelin-signed souvenir programme from their recent reunion gig in London to Aberystwyth Town Football Club, for it to be auctioned for the club funds.

Proceeds from the ticket sales from the Led Zeppelin concert in the 02 Stadium in London, will provide music scholarships,created in the namke of the late Ahmet Ertegun,at schools in New York,England and Turkey.

The souvenir programmes from the concert will undoubtedly become collectors items in the future

A programme specially signed by the three Led Zeppelin rock legends - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones - is bound to be of tremendous interest to fans of the group, who may have performed together for the last time.

Chairman of the board at Aberystwyth Town Football Club Tony Bates, said, I have known Robert Plant for some time, and prior to the recently massively-successful concert at the 02 Stadium, I asked him to obtain for me a programme, signed by himself and Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, which the football club would be able to auction in aid of club funds.

Robert Plant, is a very keen football supporter, and he was very happy to oblige.

The programme will be auctioned, at a future football fuction, to provide much needed funds for this local club.

In addition to the programme, the successful bidder, will also receive a photograph of Robert Plant holding the programme itself, together with the original letter from him, showing support to this welsh club.

The above was sent to me by e mail today, Aberystwyth is approximately 18 miles, from the famous Machynlleth, and Bron yr Aur, where members of Led Zeppelin spent so much time back in the seventies, and has so much Zeppelin history connected there in the surrounding welsh sites.

The above report, appears in this weeks edition of the local paper, The Cambrian News.

Peppermint thank you for sharing ,

Yes, I read the BBC online report of this same story a few hours ago.However their writer does not presume to speak on Led Zeppelins behalf by implying personal thoughts of conjecture that the 02 performance was their last---Even Robert Plant himself has not used such fatalistic words in his statements.

Yes, I read the BBC online report of this same story a few hours ago.However their writer does not presume to speak on Led Zeppelins behalf by implying personal thoughts of conjecture that the 02 performance was their last---Even Robert Plant himself has not used such fatalistic words in his statements.

Yes, but that particular paper tends to say things,and has been known to make things

up in the past to make them sound good. :D

It's called reading comprehension. What part of "may have performed together for the last time" is remotely personal thoughts or conjecture? Don't be so hypersensitive and obtuse - "may have" implies possibly. That's true, as one reunion concert - deemed a one-off by everyone involved - is all the band has done together since 1995. And they have only reunited to play together four times publicly since 1980 with no plans to do so again at this time. The writer is well within his/her bounds to write what he/she did. I'm guessing you wouldn't have gotten so bent out of shape, lajoie, had this been about Cream and not Zeppelin. Because the same phrase "may have performed together for the last time" also applies there.

I'd like to bid. Please keep us informed, peppermint.

Well if I were you, I would phone Aberystwyth Football Club, Park Avenue,Aberystwyth,Wales, and see if they accept telephone bids, at the next

function they have, I think if I remember they are held in the posher hotels,of

the town,I don t know if they are monthly as I dont know very much about the club,

but if you phone they will give you all the information and quite possibly enter your

name, and address into the draw, I do have that book,I got it and the DVD for Christmas,

and it is very beautiful - a lasting memory to a wonderful man, the DVD is excellant,tracing

Almets life.

I just added a photo and I am dreaming of my wonderful time in Wales right now...
Thank you for posting that lush and lovely photo claudia--it looks like Roberts place in the country,what did you get the photo off of ?

Is the dream from having been there in the past or the hope of the future ?

Thank you for posting that lush and lovely photo claudia--it looks like Roberts place in the country,what did you get the photo off of ?

Is the dream from having been there in the past or the hope of the future ?

that is not roberts welsh farm, that is the road to Bron yr Aur.

Archived