Velvet Revolver in the frame for Led Zeppelin support

SIBLY

I'm postin g this because it's news (of sorts) about Led Zep. It doesn't mean I believe it!

Duff McKagan has exclusively revealed to Hot Press that Velvet Revolver are in pole position to support Led Zeppelin if they decide to go ahead with a full-blown reunion tour.

“I understand that we have it, although I imagine there will be plenty of bands prepared to kick and punch us out of the way for the privilege!” laughs the former Guns ‘N’ Roses man and all round rock ‘n’ roll legend. “I would so love to have been at their London gig before Christmas, but we had dates of our own that obviously took precedence.

“What made up for it was running into Jimmy Page at an awards ceremony and him not only knowing who I was, but also saying he’d caught a couple of Velvet Revolver shows. No way did I think in 1977 when I saw Led Zep in Seattle that one day I’d be hanging out with the guitarist. Things like that I still pinch myself!”

Meeting up this week with Hot Press before the second of Velvet Revolver’s Ambassador Theatre shows, Duff also talked about the early days of Seattle, his favourite Guns ‘N’ Roses moments, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, his love for Ireland and what Velvet Revolver got up to while staying in Dublin. You’ll be able to read all about it in a forthcoming issue!

Sorry if this is another duplicated thread - I just can't be arsed to wade through all the crap that deluges this board to get to the interesting bits and look for duplicate threads.

I don't think plans are advanced enough to be looking for support acts but I'm still hopeful a tour of some sort will happen.

I guess it's good publicity for Velvet Revolver, tour or not. I like them, saw them in Sydney in '05, so I wouldn't mind them as a support for the Led Zeppelin tour, if there is one.

But I wouldn't take this to be proof of a tour one way or another.

I've had the privilege of hanging out with Velvet Revolver a couple of times.

On top of being a great band, and they're some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

On that basis, I hope they get the opening slot if indeed there is one.

I recall standing near a garbage can directly upstage (backstage) of the drummer and he waltzed off stage, whipped it out and pissed in the can with everybody hanging around....kind of memorable.....

...I wouldn't like to see them open, but not because of the piss incident....

I recall standing near a garbage can directly upstage (backstage) of the drummer and he waltzed off stage, whipped it out and pissed in the can with everybody hanging around....kind of memorable.....

...I wouldn't like to see them open, but not because of the piss incident....

I believe it. That's Matt for ya! He has an insane sense of humor!

Archived