What does Jimmy think of the acoustic version of Black Dog?

Mike2519

I'm sure you all know the acoustic version of Black Dog off The Slog. As far as I know the guitar is original written and played by whoever made the record and imho is very good and one of my favourite to play and listen to. Has Jimmy ever been asked about it , given his opinion or maybe even played it himself with or without Robert?

Thanks

I'm sure you all know the acoustic version of Black Dog off The Slog. As far as I know the guitar is original written and played by whoever made the record and imho is very good and one of my favourite to play and listen to. Has Jimmy ever been asked about it , given his opinion or maybe even played it himself with or without Robert?

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of. I was looking at a website the other day which had over 110 different Led Zeppelin tribute albums on it. The Slog has been around for some time.

Don’t think so, at least I can’t hear any mandolin or anything. It’s the one included with The Slog, it’s an original guitar piece overlaid with Robert Plant’s vocals sampled from Black Dog. As far as I know it’s never been known who it was by but I could be well off the mark with that.

Admin,

Would there be any problems with posting it here, i.e. copyright et al? If not I’ll upload a copy but I don’t want to get you in trouble or anything.

• 3 years later...

I think this was a various take of Swan Song if I am correct.

I am unsure of what you mean, please explain.

I do remember reading about an unreleased track by that name.

Ok I found what I think you are referring to.... So this could be one of the tracks stolen from Jimmy and later released by someone else?

To my untrained ear, it sounds like Jimmy... And I just thought it might have been off the Page/Plant tour... But then Robert is in top form...so I really didn't know what to think other than I love the arrangement.

Archived