Share this experience with me...

cowbell666

Sadly, I'm too young to have ever attended a Led Zeppelin concert, but I try to make up for it with my bootlegs... Anyway, I have just always wondered what it was like to hear a song at a concert for the first time (if you did). I'm talking about unreleased songs that were played to preview an album, or just songs that were never released. I already can imagine (maybe) what it's like to hear them play one of your tested favorites live, but I can't even fathom what it would be like to hear them play Over the Hills and Far Away (for example) for the first time at a concert. What was your reaction, or the reaction of the crowd?

I've just always wondered this, and I'm sure plenty of you lucky people have experienced it.

Please share.

It's widely regarded as common knowledge that Stairway to Heaven received a tepid, at best, reception when it debuted live on the '71 tour before Zep IV came out. I think at least in America, this is the general reaction to any new material being played live (many consider it bathroom break time) because they come to hear what they already know.

goosebumps. The biggest smile on your face possible. How could tomorrow ever follow today?

Sheer elation.

i only wish i could have had that experience. just as you described it. i say it all the time...someone has to create Windows for Time Travel, seriously....I need to go back! I was just a baby then.....

i only wish i could have had that experience. just as you described it. i say it all the time...someone has to create Windows for Time Travel, seriously....I need to go back! I was just a baby then.....

i too share the tragity of being a huge ZEPPELIN fan and not being able to see them live, just in my copy of TSRTS and in my live albums but nothing can compare to the rush of getting to see them face to face, i cant even fathum that experience, i only get to hear the story from my dad telling me of the concert he went to, when jimmy came out first all by himself and just started doing a crazy solo and eventualy JPJ, Bonzo, and Plant came out and the solo led into the first few notes of "immigrant song"...that is simply amazing

Archived