Death list

I just saw a pic of the remaining member of the who in another thread and it makes me wonder. What major band will die out first. Im sure there are some bands in the 50's that are gone, but im talking about the 60's and on rock and rollers. The beatles and THe Who both have only 2 left. Will they be the first.

Whats your take.

I just saw a pic of the remaining member of the who in another thread and it makes me wonder. What major band will die out first. Im sure there are some bands in the 50's that are gone, but im talking about the 60's and on rock and rollers. The beatles and THe Who both have only 2 left. Will they be the first.

Whats your take.

I think The Ramones have 1 left. And The Jimi Hendrix Experience has 1 left.

Lynyrd Skynyrd could survive an atomic blast. More people have seemed to die in Skynyrd than an other band but they are still going and touring strong.

They are currently down to just one original member, Gary Rossington. The other original member, Billy Powell, is in the hospital. Rickey Medlocke was with them briefly during the making of their very first record (Skynyrd's First: The Complete Muscle Shoals Album, not to be confused with Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd) but has never been considered a "founding" member since he was only in the band on a temporary basis. In addition to Rossington and Powell, original drummers Bob Burns and Artimus Pyle are still alive, as is original bassist Larry Junstrom (now in .38 Special) and guitarist Ed King. Agreed, that band has seen far more than their share of tragedy yet they keep on keepin' on.

The Motown group, the Temptations only have one of five original members still alive. Otis Williams is the only one out of the five. Early on, they had a few personel changes, most notably David Ruffin and Dennis Edwards amending the core of Otis, Eddie Kendricks and Melvin Franklin, Paul Williams and Al Bryant. I forget which two David and Dennis replaced of these five mentioned. They've had over a dozen different singers!

Good one!! I've watched that biopic on VH1 a hundred times. What a tragic story.

Archived