Two teens plead guilty to microwaving cat

Jarlaxle 56

This article makes me want to take these kids out behind the courthouse and re-enact the scene from Reservoir Dogs where the guy gets his ear cut off and has gasoline poured on him, except this time they're getting roasted alive. I would like these dumb fuckheads to experience all the pain and more they put that poor kitty through.

:angry:

Seriously, this makes me very sad.

Lawyer : it really was peer pressure that made them do it your honor

Judge : oh, in that case, the owners of the cat will have to pay the price for letting the cat out in the first place. This wouldn't have happened if they'd been more reasponsible cat owners

Most humans can fight back. If the human can't fight back because of age, disability or some other extenuating factor, then yes.....castrate them too.

Couldn't agree more

I think it's wrong that the penalties for abusing an animal are far less than if you did that same thing to a human. Stick a baby in a microwave, you'll end up in jail for the rest of your life. Stick a cat in the microwave, barely a dent. I don't get it.

I think it's wrong that the penalties for abusing an animal are far less than if you did that same thing to a human. Stick a baby in a microwave, you'll end up in jail for the rest of your life. Stick a cat in the microwave, barely a dent. I don't get it.

Are you fucking serious?

You would compare a fucking cat to human baby?

And people wonder how there ever was a holocaust.

Are you fucking serious?

No I wouldn't compare the two but, I can compare a total disregard for life period. The actions of these kids ( Total Fuck Ups) have to be answered for. They are not the first and probably not the last but, they need to answer for they're actions. We acxted like idiots when we were young Del but c'mon, this is just sick

No I wouldn't compare the two but, I can compare a total disregard for life period. The actions of these kids ( Total Fuck Ups) have to be answered for. They are not the first and probably not the last but, they need to answer for they're actions. We acxted like idiots when we were young Del but c'mon, this is just sick

I actually think it's probably pretty normal for teenage boys to have killed some sort of animal at one point or another. I'm sure that most us have shot a bird with a BB gun or thrown rocks at rodents or something. I recall that when I was a teenager visiting my grandfather's farm, we would spend hours hunting birds and rodents. To this day I am in a constant battle with rabbits, ground squirels and gophers who attack my lawn and garden. And I prefer to still use a pellet gun or set traps (which reminds me I need to check my gopher traps) rather than put out poison, because I don't want the hawks and coyotees to be affected by poisoned varmits.

But my concern in this case, is the fact that these boys decided to kill this animal in a manner that the boys imagined would be the most painful to the animal. I think the boys might need some counciling. But it also seems that it might just be one of those stupid peer pressure episodes that often goes too far.

I am probably more concerned that these kids broke into a house and did this to someones pet, with no regard for the feelings of the owners of that pet. But I wonder if people would be just as up in arms over this, if the boys had drowned a rat in a bucket. Obviously these stories seem to affect some people's sensibilities much more when they involve a cat or a dog.

But I don't think these boys need to be punished any harsher than they probably have already been punished. Calling for jail time or other ridiculous acts of revenge are just silly. If I were the judge I would however make them pay a lot of money for the damages incured to the home owner, and any fines for pain and suffering caused that are appropriate.

^^^

You're right of course, but that doesn't make it any less sick and twisted, this is how serial killers start.

Also, I realize the irony in me saying this in conjunction with what I already posted ;) I wouldn't *actually* do those things however, it's just kind of one of those things you say but would never actually do.

I actually think it's probably pretty normal for teenage boys to have killed some sort of animal at one point or another. I'm sure that most us have shot a bird with a BB gun or thrown rocks at rodents or something. I recall that when I was a teenager visiting my grandfather's farm, we would spend hours hunting birds and rodents. To this day I am in a constant battle with rabbits, ground squirels and gophers who attack my lawn and garden. And I prefer to still use a pellet gun or set traps (which reminds me I need to check my gopher traps) rather than put out poison, because I don't want the hawks and coyotees to be affected by poisoned varmits.

But my concern in this case, is the fact that these boys decided to kill this animal in a manner that the boys imagined would be the most painful to the animal. I think the boys might need some counciling. But it also seems that it might just be one of those stupid peer pressure episodes that often goes too far.

I am probably more concerned that these kids broke into a house and did this to someones pet, with no regard for the feelings of the owners of that pet. But I wonder if people would be just as up in arms over this, if the boys had drowned a rat in a bucket. Obviously these stories seem to affect some people's sensibilities much more when they involve a cat or a dog.

But I don't think these boys need to be punished any harsher than they probably have already been punished. Calling for jail time or other ridiculous acts of revenge are just silly. If I were the judge I would however make them pay a lot of money for the damages incured to the home owner, and any fines for pain and suffering caused that are appropriate.

I agree with most of what you are saying but, comparing what we did as kids ( farm or not ) to what these morons have done is really apples and oranges kind of stuff. No, they won't have they're nuts cut off but, they do need a good shit kickin'

I agree with most of what you are saying but, comparing what we did as kids ( farm or not ) to what these morons have done is really apples and oranges kind of stuff. No, they won't have they're nuts cut off but, they do need a good shit kickin'

I've got no problem with a shit kicking. If any of them were my son, they would already be wearing my boot print on their ass.

Stupid kids.

I agree with what you say except I would make the parents pay out their asses (when I was growing up parents were responsible for what their kids did, and I payed dearley more than once) and put the teenagers in counseling and a couple months of bootcamp! Breaking and entering leads to bigger stuff if it is not nipped in the bud.

Are you fucking serious?

Cats are far superior to most humans...myself included. I'll go so far as to say MOST people should be microwaved(lol and the US Gov agrees, think all those cell towers are just so you can ask the wife what brand of toilet paper to buy?)

Holocaust is the only outcome of eugenics. People start thinking they are better than cats and they just might get the idea they are better than other people.

Cats are far superior to most humans...myself included. I'll go so far as to say MOST people should be microwaved(lol and the US Gov agrees, think all those cell towers are just so you can ask the wife what brand of toilet paper to buy?)

Holocaust is the only outcome of eugenics. People start thinking they are better than cats and they just might get the idea they are better than other people.

:wtf::hysterical: You've got to be joking man!

Are you fucking serious?

There was a holocaust because Nazis equated humans with animals.. but certainly not in the way Liz was suggesting. Liz is suggesting that animal lives absolutely have value too; perhaps not "equal" value to human lives, but certainly they have value. Hitler reversed that thinking and believed that the lives of Jews had no more value than that of certain animals. He probably looked upon Jews as you look upon rats as gophers: as "vermin".. pests to be eradicated.. because they mess up your oh-so-precious lawn. :rolleyes:

You can twist Liz's comment into some self-serving Nazi reference if you want, but I take her comment in the spirit I think it was intended.. and I applaud her for it. I think it's merely a matter of spiritual ignorance that prevents you from recognizing that the fundamental "life essence" that animates humans is the same fundamental "life essence" that animates animals. Your ego-ic need to hold yourself inherently superior to animals is a matter of self-delusion. But hey.. you're human.. "God's favorite creation".. and the world and all its non-human inhabitants were created by your "God" merely for you to exploit for your own needs,.. right?

When you go swimming in the ocean and a shark swims toward you, we'll see how

superior you feel then.. and you'll see just how superior you really aren't.. huh? :P;)

Just when you thought it was safe you were superior..

329681563_091708af97.jpg

:blink:

^_^

:beer:

There was a holocaust because Nazis equated humans with animals.. but certainly not in the way Liz was suggesting. Liz is suggesting that animal lives absolutely have value too; perhaps not "equal" value to human lives, but certainly they have value. Hitler reversed that thinking and believed that the lives of Jews had no more value than that of certain animals. He probably looked upon Jews as you look upon rats as gophers: as "vermin".. pests to be eradicated.. because they mess up your oh-so-precious lawn. :rolleyes:

You can twist Liz's comment into some self-serving Nazi reference if you want, but I take her comment in the spirit I think it was intended.. and I applaud her for it. I think it's merely a matter of spiritual ignorance that prevents you from recognizing that the fundamental "life essence" that animates humans is the same fundamental "life essence" that animates animals. Your ego-ic need to hold yourself inherently superior to animals is a matter of self-delusion. But hey.. you're human.. "God's favorite creation".. and the world and all its non-human inhabitants were created by your "God" merely for you to exploit for your own needs,.. right?

When you go swimming in the ocean and a shark swims toward you, we'll see how

superior you feel then.. and you'll see just how superior you really aren't.. huh? :P;)

Just when you thought it was safe you were superior..

329681563_091708af97.jpg

:blink:

^_^

:beer:

I bet if cavemen would have had a microwave, they would have nuked many cats. It's called the food chain. But I bet they would have killed the cat before setting the timer :D

I bet if cavemen would have had a microwave, they would have nuked many cats. It's called the food chain. But I bet they would have killed the cat before setting the timer :D

Key point there really, also needless to say it probably would not have been someone else's pet and they would have been doing it for food =P

Yes Hermit, that's the point I was trying to make. That if you wouldn't put a baby in a microwave, why would you put a cat in a microwave? Why aren't more people punished more severely for acts of animal cruelty? Putting an innocent animal in a microwave and watching it die is just as horrifying as putting a baby in a microwave and watching it die. That's not saying you value the animal's life more than the human's life, that's saying you value a life. Period.

I can't help but wonder how many people who have expressed outrage over the cat being killed in the microwave oven are themselves meat eaters who.. by way of their decision to eat meat.. directly support an industry.. the factory farming industry.. that amounts to legalized animal cruelty/torture?

:whistling:

I eat hamburgers. I love hamburgers. I love chicken, fish and pork. In fact, I had pork short ribs for dinner.

I do not support the microwaving of family pets. Cows, chickens, pigs.......they are bred to be food for humans. If we buy meat in this house, we try to buy organic as much as possible, so it's not pumped full of growth hormones and god knows what else. We also buy organic dairy and eggs.

I can't help but wonder how many people who have expressed outrage over the cat being killed in the microwave oven are themselves meat eaters who.. by way of their decision to eat meat.. directly support an industry.. the factory farming industry.. that amounts to legalized animal cruelty/torture?

:whistling:

Not all companies treat their animals in an inhumane manner, more and more people are putting pressure on them to treat and kill their animals in the least painful way possible. For instance, I recently heard that KFC made an agreement with PETA to change the way they treat their Chickens.

But you know, I should probably be doing research into which brands are better than others. I'll be the first to admit I'm probably not doing the right thing with buying certain brands of meat.

Archived