Were you ever forced to...

LedZep1969

I was on a road trip with my brother and he asked what kind of music to put on. I said I liked rock and classical - two pretty broad categories I thought - and all he had were show tunes or Celine Dionne (sp?) or Edith Piaf. My daughter and I were ready to jump out of the car in about 15 minutes.

Incidentally those of us who grew up in the 70s were forced to listen to all kinds of bad pop music on the radio before cassettes made musical more portable. In between Led Zeppelin songs we got bad Elton John, Steve Miller Band, etc.

Early Steve Miller and Elton John are both great IMO.

Early Steve Miller and Elton John are both great IMO.

Yes - I'm referring to those bad Steve Miller songs that got played over and over like "Take the Money and Run", etc. As opposed to Led Zeppelin who had hardly any bad songs, even if it did take me 20 years to be able to listen to Stairway again.

I was forced to listen to Red Sovine , Hank SR , Kitty Wells , Tommy Collins , Ernest Tubb , Tex Ritter

and a few others I would not classify them as crappy but just not My cup of Tea.I prefered Zep,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath,Ten Years After,Steppenwolf,Stones,who,Floyd etc etc etc.In thier defence they did like Elvis and Herb Albert and the Tiajuna Brass and I do like both of them oh also the Bill Black Combo fairly cool sometimes if the mood is right.

I was forced to listen to Red Sovine , Hank SR , Kitty Wells , Tommy Collins , Ernest Tubb , Tex Ritter

and a few others I would not classify them as crappy but just not My cup of Tea.I prefered Zep,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath,Ten Years After,Steppenwolf,Stones,who,Floyd etc etc etc.In thier defence they did like Elvis and Herb Albert and the Tiajuna Brass and I do like both of them oh also the Bill Black Combo fairly cool sometimes if the mood is right.

Definitely not crappy. I like 'em :D

This very inspired son of Satan and his immense talents sometimes cross my path

(and yeah, at my former job I heard his entire oevre at least a thousand times too many played at 160 decibel)

Ladies and gents.....

Enjoy possibly the worst product of the Netherlands (even suckier if he sings in German)

(Forgive me for doing this to anyone who reads this.....aaarrrgggh....it's from the 4th Reich's greatest hits album)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauZeY2fDk8

My parents were cool way back when. They use to have 8-Track of Meatloaf, Dr. Hook and Elvis. They pretty much let me listen to whatever I wanted. My first ever cassette tape and essentially my first ever "effort" to listen to music came from ACDC - Highway To Hell. I remember I had to hook up a car battery charger to a car stereo that was on the kitchen table!!! (the entertainment unit only had record and 8-track capabilities and cassette tapes were just becoming popular. LOL)

• 1 month later...

Archived