Led Zeppelin In Guitar Hero

Disappointed or happy Zeppelin isn't in Guitar Hero

It looks like you're new here, so let me help you out with some very similar forums that you might want to look at:

here are some threads related to your topic:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...itar+hero\

and of course my favorite:

I am in the disappointed group.

GH isn't about pretending to have l33t guitar skillz, it's about having fun. You're missing the point.

Uh, what point exactly are you talking about? Because if you're trying to convince me that GH is about having fun you needn't. Been playing it for as long as it's been around. I think you missed my point.

Zep doesn't need to be on Guitar Hero. And if you really want to have some fun get a real guitar and play along with Zeppelin. There is nothing more "fun" than learning how to nail down some of Jimmy's harder material and then playing along with it.

It's not about being elite. Or even pretending to be. Jamming along with your personal guitar heroes is something that people have done long before the video game came out.

Uh, what point exactly are you talking about? Because if you're trying to convince me that GH is about having fun you needn't. Been playing it for as long as it's been around. I think you missed my point.

Zep doesn't need to be on Guitar Hero.

It's not about what Led Zeppelin NEEDS.

It's about what we WANT.

Take a look at what Led Zeppelin has done and I think it's pretty clear that Led Zeppelin doesn't need anything.

As for little brats who emulate "performance artists", they NEED Led Zeppelin.

Guitar Hero / Rock Band is a possible vehicle for their needs.

And if you really want to have some fun get a real guitar and play along with Zeppelin. There is nothing more "fun" than learning how to nail down some of Jimmy's harder material and then playing along with it.

I play both and have fun with both (I'm guessing that you play both as well). They're just two different ways to enjoy the music.

Playing a real guitar is more rewarding, but that doesn't mean you can't find other ways to enjoy the music.

For a lot of people, video games are more fun. And they are NEVER going to pick up an instrument. So why not let them enjoy the music in a different way?

Think about it this way:

If for some ungodly reason there was some discussion in the 50s and 60s about whether or not to not play music on the radio, and they were actually successful in doing so, a lot of us wouldn't know Led Zeppelin.

There would probably still be a music industry, but it would have to solely survive through records and word of mouth about those records.

All of us would be screaming to put music on the radio, because it's what kids were listening to.

Now of course Led Zeppelin did survive in some ways by word of mouth. They didn't have the support of the press (i.e. Rolling Stone et. al.), but that was in a different time, when television, newspapers, magazines, and radio were the mainstream mediums.

BUT today, we have cable television, the internet, and video games to add to the list.

These are the things that children and "young adults" are paying attention to in a big way.

Led Zeppelin isn't on cable television, it's not in video games, it's barely on the internet, scarcely on the radio, sometimes in the magazines, and absent in the newspapers.

And with good reason!

Led Zeppelin hasn't produced anything new in years (good reason for that too).

So how are the youth of the world supposed to be introduced

It seems to me that since Led Zeppelin isn't doing anything new (although it's not ruled out), then it's our responsibility as fans to find ways to pull new fans in.

Since video games are pretty popular, I think it's an ideal vehicle to get kids on the Led Zeppelin bus.

I guess I'm from a different school of thought.

:(

Yeah I hear ya though.

I do find it interesting that you wouldn't even in the slightest bit like to see a Led Zeppelin song in a game that you play.

Come on? Are you sure you wouldn't get the least bit giddy if you happened to unlock a Led Zeppelin song on guitar hero?

Are you sure!!??

Yeah I hear ya though.

I do find it interesting that you wouldn't even in the slightest bit like to see a Led Zeppelin song in a game that you play.

Come on? Are you sure you wouldn't get the least bit giddy if you happened to unlock a Led Zeppelin song on guitar hero?

Are you sure!!??

Yes, I'm sure. 20 years ago when I first picked up a guitar there was no such thing as 'Guitar Hero'. I went out and bought a Led Zeppelin music book because I wanted to learn Jimmy's material note for note.

What really challenged me was learning how to follow Jimmy's alternate tunings. That took everything to a new level. Sure it might be fun to play along with Zep on GH. But I've already played along with them enough to know I like it better this way.

Just my preference. :)

Yes, I'm sure. 20 years ago when I first picked up a guitar there was no such thing as 'Guitar Hero'. I went out and bought a Led Zeppelin music book because I wanted to learn Jimmy's material note for note.

What really challenged me was learning how to follow Jimmy's alternate tunings. That took everything to a new level. Sure it might be fun to play along with Zep on GH. But I've already played along with them enough to know I like it better this way.

Just my preference. :)

You're jaded though. It's a progression thing.

But I kind of agree, if I was good at playing guitar I wouldn't play GH as much.

I think guitar hero dumbs down the process for people to get into actually learning the guitar.

Hopefully, with good parenting, they will actually encourage their youngsters, so they will see the value in music and actually pick up the guitar and play.

I'm glad Led Zeppelin do not endorse Guitar Hero or Rock Band. :)

Now, if there was a real video game that actually taught people how to play, then that would be a different story (Rock Band Pro).

R B)

Well it really is a different animal.

For instance, when a new Guitar Hero game comes out, I will definitely play the game more than I play my guitar. Probably because I like video games a lot.

But eventually the game gets old. This is because there is no creation involved in the game. Even if there was, it wouldn't be as cool as playing you own music on your own guitar. It's all mindless repetition.

You don't have to wait for a bunch of programmers and designers to produce a new game to play a new tune on your guitar. You just have to work it out yourself or look it up on the internet. It's instant.

Those are some advantages of playing a real guitar.

But there are some things in Guitar Hero that are better than playing a real guitar.

For one, it paces the player and forces them to keep up with the song. you can do this when playing the real thing, but there's noting forcing you from starting something over.

It's an advantage because during a real performance, you won't be able to go back.

In Guitar Hero, you have a means to compete against other people. In real life, competition comes down to a dollar sign, and not everyone thinks so highly of that either.

I'm sure there's more for both sides...what do you guys have?

I think guitar hero dumbs down the process for people to get into actually learning the guitar.

Hopefully, with good parenting, they will actually encourage their youngsters, so they will see the value in music and actually pick up the guitar and play.

Now, if there was a real video game that actually taught people how to play, then that would be a different story (Rock Band Pro).

R B)

It dumbs it down when you are good at guitar then play the game. Many people who only play the game eventually are inspired to play a real instrument.

Nobody wants to play a game that you described. That would be pretty unfun.

It dumbs it down when you are good at guitar then play the game. Many people who only play the game eventually are inspired to play a real instrument.

Nobody wants to play a game that you described. That would be pretty unfun.

Sounds fun to me!

And a cool learning tool too.

R B)

I totally agree. I've never really had to encourage my son to play an instrument. He's grown up with a dad who regularly plays guitar and he showed an interest as early as 3 years old. Now he's 6 and picking up my electric. Even though his little fingers can't reach more than two frets he wants to play. So we sit down in front of the stereo and I jam along while he pretends to play. It's hilarious and fun at the same time and he gets a kick out of it. Eventually he'll be big enough to play and learn on his own.

A video game that teaches people how to play? I like your way of thinking. :D

Archived