I Got A Passcode!

It's for HANNAH MONTANA TICKETS!!!! HAHAHAHAHA...... I really could not believe it this morning when I opened my email....

You are receiving this e-mail because you have been identified by the MileyWorld Fan Club as a MileyWorld member who obtained a Ticketmaster code to purchase tickets to a concert during the pre-sale offer period, but who did not actually purchase any tickets using your Ticketmaster code. MileyWorld is committed to doing everything in its power to see that as many of its members as possible have a chance to purchase tickets to the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds Tour.

We have now made arrangements with the concert tour producer and promoter to make a LIMITED NUMBER of additional tickets available for purchase FOR A LIMITED TIME, to those of you who previously obtained a Ticketmaster code but did not use your code to purchase tickets in the pre-sale period. A total of approximately 45,000 additional tickets allocated among the remaining concerts listed below,

I can't tell you how funny this was to me.... I was so upset when I joined her website to get tickets only to have them sell out in 2 minutes. We later found out that scaplers aka "touts" had somekind of software program that got them into the ticket sales and not us regular folks.

So here I am winning a Hannah Montana passcode and not Led Zeppelin. I still am not guaranteed tickets, I have to get online and be ready to click when the clock strikes noon but I'll give it another shot.

No Led Zep for me...... it's Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers for my kids...That's life!

I was really puzzled by this whole Hanna Montana hype, and why tickets are even more valuable to some than Led Zeppelin tickets.

Then I got to think, since I'm a parent of two teenagers (who, thank GOD, prefer Zep to Hannah). We're a generation of parents who aim to please and spoil our kids, for a number of what I consider to be legitimate reasons. (Guilt, the desire to give what we didn't get as kids, competitiveness, etc...)

People who want these tickets aren't kids. In six months, they won't care about Hannah Montana, and they'll be on to the next corporate-manufactured hype. But us PARENTS think we can't say no, we don't want to see them sad, dissapointed, or worse, CRYING. So we just start offering ridiculous amounts of money for a pleasure that isn't even ours.

I'm glad you get to take you kids to see her. I remember taking my daughter to see Hilary Duff and Avril Lavigne on a couple of occasion. Just seeing the glee in her eyes was worth my trouble of listening to two-hours of hysterical bubble-gum.

Montana's career probably won't last longer than a 1975 version of Moby Dick. But it's a guilty pleasure you'll cherish for a long time.

I just bought my little cousin a Hannah Montana blanket. She likes blankets and she likes Hannah Montana. I'm trying to indoctrinate her though. In addition to Thank You there is another magic word, Led Zeppelin. It melts my heart to here her say it. Got her listening to the garage rock station on satellite t.v. I caught her slightly head-banging to Blue Cheer and The Ramones.

I do what I can.

Oh well...congrats to your kids then. i know how much you were posting on the ticket ballot thread, on the old board. I saw on the news that parents are suing over those tickets for some reason, didnt even know who she was.

Thanks, mz. I can't believe someone would sue over that. That's insane. She is Billy Ray Cirus' daughter and she's quite talented. I think she's adorable. And so far one of the better role models for young people.

Is it wrong that I don't know whether to say congrats or I'm sorry? :D

:D No, it's quite funny. Although I don't mind her music. It may be for the tweens but I still think it's good. I'm glad my kids like her, I really don't want them obssessing over Led Zeppelin just yet. But they do like The Immigrant Song because it's in Shrek 3.

And I did get the tickets by the way. I really wish I was going to London next week but no.... Hannah Montana it is. But I'll be here on the 10th!

Archived