THE BEACH BOYS THREAD

ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I would like to discuss a band that needs no introduction. THE BEACH BOYS will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as the GREATEST harmonizing band of all-time. For a brief moment, it seemed that THE BEACH BOYS leader Brian Wilson was and still is, a genius and could do no wrong. When his masterpiece PET SOUNDS album was released in 1966, that album would singlehandedly set the stage for THE BEATLES to release their greatest masterpieces which is the REVOLVER (1966) and later, the SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967) albums. After PET SOUNDS, Wilson would release another one of his greatest achievements, the 1966 45 RPM single GOOD VIBRATIONS which would become the band's first worldwide number one hit. But what many Rock fans did not know was what was Wilson doing in the studio after the release of GOOD VIBRATIONS in 1966. Wilson would be in the studio recording mind blowing music with lyrics provided by his co-writer and collaborator Van Dyke Parks in what Wilson would describe his next album as "a teenage symphony to God." This album would no doubt be called "THE GREATEST UNRELEASED ALBUM IN ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY." The album was originally called DUMB ANGEL after Wilson's younger brother Dennis (Denny) Wilson but the album would be changed simply to SMiLE. If SMiLE would have been released originally in December 1966 as planned or even January 1967, SMiLE would have been a masterpiece way ahead of its time that would have joined SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND as one of the biggest influencial albums of all-time. However, when Wilson cancelled SMiLE in May 1967, Rock n' Roll was dealt another major blow and Brian Douglas Wilson as well as THE BEACH BOYS would never recover from the loss.

For myself, I truly consider myself a BEACH BOYS authority since I personally know Brian Wilson as well as the rest of THE BEACH BOYS but mainly one of my dearest friends that I ever knew, the late great Dennis (Denny) Wilson. I have spoken with Brian on several occasions through the years and we have discussed SMiLE to a big extent. I have also spoken with Van Dyke Parks on many occasions and have gotten his opinions and views on SMiLE. I am very proud of Brian for controlling the illness that has eluded him from further greatness and blossomed into a live performer once again bringing him back to life. I, personally, never thought that Brian would ever be a live performer again. Then again, I never thought that Brian would have lived this long. One of Rock n' Roll's biggest miracles and greatest comebacks is that Brian found the courage to go back in time to finish the famous unreleased SMiLE album with his former collaborator Van Dyke Parks and finally release the album in 2004 as a solo artist effort and not with THE BEACH BOYS. Brian managed to win a Grammy Award for SMiLE for one of the most famous songs ever recorded. The song is called "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow," but you may remember the song better as simply "Fire." I own many bootleg CD's on the original SMiLE sessions from 1966-67 and I would like to say that they were nothing short of incredible back then just like they are incredible now.

Which now brings us to 2008, Brian Wilson still continues to amaze the Rock n' Roll world with his presence and Capitol Records has recently opened their doors to welcome Brian back home with open arms where he so rightly deserves to be. Now that Wilson is back with Capitol Records, there has been talks that there will be a SMiLE Sessions boxset in the near future. And when that happens, we, the music fans will be able to hear and judge for ourselves if the SMiLE legend and hype was really legitimate. Now I ask all of you, my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, your views and opinions on this great band as well as their leader Brian Wilson and I would like to hear what all of you have to say about the unreleased SMiLE album. Please enlighten me whether you have a positive or negative post. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I would like to discuss a band that needs no introduction. THE BEACH BOYS have gone down in Rock n' Roll history as the GREATEST harmonizing band of all-time. For a brief moment, it seemed that THE BEACH BOYS leader Brian Wilson was and still is, a genius and could do no wrong. When his masterpiece PET SOUNDS album was released in 1966, that album would singlehandedly set the stage for THE BEATLES to release their greatest masterpieces which is the REVOLVER (1966) and later, the SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967) albums. After PET SOUNDS, Wilson would release another one of his greatest achievements, the 1966 45 RPM single GOOD VIBRATIONS which would become the band's first worldwide number one hit. But what many Rock fans did not know was what was Wilson doing in the studio after the release of GOOD VIBRATIONS in 1966. Wilson would be in the studio recording mind blowing music with lyrics provided by his co-writer and collaborator Van Dyke Parks in what Wilson would describe his next album as "a teenage symphony to God." This album would no doubt be called "THE GREATEST UNRELEASED ALBUM IN ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY." The album was originally called DUMB ANGEL after Wilson's younger brother Dennis (Denny) Wilson but the album would be changed simply to SMiLE. If SMiLE would have been released originally in December 1966 as planned or even January 1967, SMiLE would have been a masterpiece way ahead of its time that would have joined SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND as one of the biggest influencial albums of all-time. However, when Wilson cancelled SMiLE in May 1967, Rock n' Roll was dealt another major blow and Brian Douglas Wilson as well as THE BEACH BOYS would never recover from the loss.

For myself, I truly consider myself a BEACH BOYS authority since I personally know Brian Wilson as well as the rest of THE BEACH BOYS but mainly one of my dearest friends that I ever knew, the late great Dennis (Denny) Wilson. I have spoken with Brian on several occasions through the years and we have discussed SMiLE to a big extent. I have also spoken with Van Dyke Parks on many occasions and have gotten his opinions and views on SMiLE. I am very proud of Brian for controlling the illness that has eluded him from further greatness and blossomed into a live performer once again bringing him back to life. I, personally, never thought that Brian would ever be a live performer again. Then again, I never thought that Brian would have lived this long. One of Rock n' Roll's biggest miracles and greatest comebacks is that Brian found the courage to go back in time to finish the famous unreleased SMiLE album with his former collaborator Van Dyke Parks and finally release the album in 2004 as a solo artist effort and not with THE BEACH BOYS. Brian managed to win a Grammy Award for SMiLE for one of the most famous songs ever recorded. The song is called "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow," but you may remember the song better as simply "Fire." I own many bootleg CD's on the original SMiLE sessions from 1966-67 and I would like to say that they were nothing short of incredible back then just like they are incredible now.

Which now brings us to 2008, Brian Wilson still continues to amaze the Rock n' Roll world with his presence and Capitol Records has recently opened their doors to welcome Brian back home with open arms where he so rightly deserves to be. Now that Wilson is back with Capitol Records, there has been talks that there will be a SMiLE Sessions boxset in the near future. And when that happens, we, the music fans will be able to hear and judge for ourselves if the SMiLE legend and hype was really legitimate. Now I ask all of you, my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics, your views and opinions on this great band as well as their leader Brian Wilson and I would like to hear what all of you have to say about the unreleased SMiLE album. Please enlighten me whether you have a positive or negative post. ROCK ON!

the greatest single force in rock and roll = brian wilson. to think of his output from early '62 to the end of '66, 10 studio albums in that time, he was the songwriter, producer, arranger, player, singer.

form 67 to 71 still made some insanely good music (regardless of smile) holland has 7 brian wilson songs on it, a great album, until i die on surfs up is so jazzy and incredible. time to get alone on friends is years ahead of it's time. pet sounds in stereo is a must, the guitar arrangements in sloop john b are crystal clear in the stereo version.

genius is a word that we all bound about to often in this day and age, however b wilson ranks alongside j s bach.

i fucking adore his music

i'm a huge fan.

......so for being cynical, you say you know the great man ?

How's it going "barrios?" I wouldn't say cynical as much as it may look but I would base a lot of my answers on not just BEACH BOYS biographies, but on my personal conversations with Brian. I am proud and feel priviledged that I know the great man himself, wouldn't you? ROCK ON!

How's it going "barrios?" I wouldn't say cynical as much as it may look but I would base a lot of my answers on not just BEACH BOYS biographies, but on my personal conversations with Brian. I am proud and feel priviledged that I know the great man himself, wouldn't you? ROCK ON!

...you actually know him ?

good for you it thats the case.

...you actually know him ?

good for you it thats the case.

How's it going again "barrios?" I kid you not, I really truly know him. If it wouldn't have been for his late great younger brother Denny and one of my most dearest friends, I would have never been the friends with Brian that we both became up to this very day. ROCK ON!

Great story ZFF.

It leads me to another question that's been burning my brain for some time. I was trying to think of who self produced their own group before Jimmy Page and the only one I can think of is, of course, Brian Wilson. I'm sure there were others who did, but of the big name acts such as, The Beatles, Stones, the Who, Dylan, etc., they all had outside producers. Any you know of?

Great story ZFF.

It leads me to another question that's been burning my brain for some time. I was trying to think of who self produced their own group before Jimmy Page and the only one I can think of is, of course, Brian Wilson. I'm sure there were others who did, but of the big name acts such as, The Beatles, Stones, the Who, Dylan, etc., they all had outside producers. Any you know of?

How's it going "danelectro59?" Great question! Before Brian Wilson took over the reigns as Producer, Arranger and Engineer for THE BEACH BOYS, it was Brian's Dad Murray Wilson and later temporary producer Nick Venet that produced THE BEACH BOYS early in their career. Later in their career, Carl Wilson would take over the reigns as producer full time and Bruce Johnston would also produce some BEACH BOYS albums as well.

As for the other big acts you mentioned, Before The Glimmer Twins (Jagger/Richards) took over the reigns as producers for THE ROLLING STONES, Glyn Johns, Jimmy Miller and Andrew Loog Oldham managed THE STONES earlier in their career in the 1960's and 1970's. THE WHO had Kit Lambert, Jon Astley, Glyn Johns and Bill Szymczyk as producers. THE BEATLES had Sir George Martin and Phil Spector as producers but mostly Martin. I'm not quite sure about Dylan, perhaps any of my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics can help me answer this one. ROCK ON!

How's it going "danelectro59?" Great question! Before Brian Wilson took over the reigns as Producer, Arranger and Engineer for THE BEACH BOYS, it was Brian's Dad Murray Wilson and later temporary producer Nick Venet that produced THE BEACH BOYS early in their career. Later in their career, Carl Wilson would take over the reigns as producer full time and Bruce Johnston would also produce some BEACH BOYS albums as well.

As for the other big acts you mentioned, Before The Glimmer Twins (Jagger/Richards) took over the reigns as producers for THE ROLLING STONES, Glyn Johns, Jimmy Miller and Andrew Loog Oldham managed THE STONES earlier in their career in the 1960's and 1970's. THE WHO had Kit Lambert, Jon Astley, Glyn Johns and Bill Szymczyk as producers. THE BEATLES had Sir George Martin and Phil Spector as producers but mostly Martin. I'm not quite sure about Dylan, perhaps any of my fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics can help me answer this one. ROCK ON!

How's it going again "danelectro59?" I have many Bob Dylan albums but I only found the "Highway 61 Revisited" album. Believe me when I tell you that I own thousands and thousands of CD's so it is hard for me to find specific albums or certain artists on CD. The producers on the "Highway 61 Revisited" album are Tom Wilson and Bob Johnston. I'm sure that there are more producers. ROCK ON!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I think Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart played instruments on the Monkees albums and were the producers, weren't they ? Does that count ?

Yeah, I just found it....

http://www.tsimon.com/boycehrt.htm

..and The Monkees themselves started helping in producing their own material....Mostly "Headquarters", I believe.

I heard something about that with THE MONKEES. I also heard that in the 1960's, THE MONKEES were to be a reflection that brought back the spirit of THE BEATLES although they did not play any instruments at all. THE 1960's MONKEES, I hate to say, were the original Milli Vanilli (THE MONKEES did not have any musical control at all.) although I love THE MONKEES dearly. As years went on, THE MONKEES would redeem themselves and perform live in concert before sellout audiences thus putting to rest that the band could not play any instruments. ROCK ON!

I heard something about that with THE MONKEES. I also heard that in the 1960's, THE MONKEES were to be a reflection that brought back the spirit of THE BEATLES although they did not play any instruments at all. THE 1960's MONKEES, I hate to say, were the original Milli Vanilli (THE MONKEES did not have any musical control at all.) although I love THE MONKEES dearly. As years went on, THE MONKEES would redeem themselves and perform live in concert before sellout audiences thus putting to rest that the band could not play any instruments. ROCK ON!

Actually by Headquarters, their 3rd album, they DID do most of the playing and stuff....

The third album issued by The Monkees, Headquarters was their first LP recorded primarily by the four members of the group. After a struggle for creative autonomy, the group was allowed to record by themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headquarters_(album)

Actually by Headquarters, their 3rd album, they DID do most of the playing and stuff....

The third album issued by The Monkees, Headquarters was their first LP recorded primarily by the four members of the group. After a struggle for creative autonomy, the group was allowed to record by themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headquarters_(album)

Thank you for clearing that up for me "alucard," that makes me feel so much better. THE MONKEES ROCK! ROCK ON!

Thank you for clearing that up for me "alucard," that makes me feel so much better. THE MONKEES ROCK! ROCK ON!

I believe Don Kirshner was their music guru through the first two albums, after they fired him, cuz according to the group, he was a prick and a major control freak, they took over the reigns but had no idea what they were in for. Again, that was according to Mike Nesmith. And it was Nesmith and Peter Tork who were actual musicians. Jones and Dolenz were actors. Whatever people might say about the Monkees, the TV show was hilarious and I still get a kick out of watching them. I love the songs too. The best part of the show was the end when they would play a song. Can't remember the song, but Mickey Dolenz plays a moog synth on it, and I crack up watching him patch cords in and out of it like an operator at the phone company.

I believe Don Kirshner was their music guru through the first two albums, after they fired him, cuz according to the group, he was a prick and a major control freak, they took over the reigns but had no idea what they were in for. Again, that was according to Mike Nesmith. And it was Nesmith and Peter Tork who were actual musicians. Jones and Dolenz were actors. Whatever people might say about the Monkees, the TV show was hilarious and I still get a kick out of watching them. I love the songs too. The best part of the show was the end when they would play a song. Can't remember the song, but Mickey Dolenz plays a moog synth on it, and I crack up watching him patch cords in and out of it like an operator at the phone company.

How's it going "danelectro59?" I'm with you, I LOVE THE MONKEES! They had the humor and wit just like THE BEATLES. THE MONKEES were funny as hell, I still watch them when I get a chance. Its even better to watch them when you're on acid, its even more funnier. ROCK ON!

I owe everything in my musical being growing up listening to the boys. Because of them, I can harmonize and sing a tune. Because of them, I had the warm ocean in the middle of winter. Because of them, I bought my first board at age 8 and haven't looked back. And eventhough during their heyday, they were despised by the surfing community, who preferred more underground rockers..next to Dick Dale, the Ventures, the Sandals & the Surfaris, they single handedly created music for people ready to embrace a laid back lifestyle of pure fun.

We all know Pet Sounds and its influence on music that followed. I personally love Surfer Girl being it has their best song, In My Room, on it and the title track was the first song I knew all the words to as a kid.

Such a shame the way the band fell apart and struggled to regain their musical composure after Brian's breakdown and the numerous tragedies that plagued the Wilson family. BTW, Dennis' solo album is nothing short of brilliant. It's scary how unique of a talent he was in his own right, but sadly alcohol and drug abuse had taken their toll on him by that point and we eventually lost him not long after. Carl had the best voice in the gang while Mike was the charasmatic lead.

The only band to rival Zeppelin as my all time favorite musical act.

Btw, Brian's new album is absolutely great. He's back in his primal form.

I owe everything in my musical being growing up listening to the boys. Because of them, I can harmonize and sing a tune. Because of them, I had the warm ocean in the middle of winter. Because of them, I bought my first board at age 8 and haven't looked back. And eventhough during their heyday, they were despised by the surfing community, who preferred more underground rockers..next to Dick Dale, the Ventures, the Sandals & the Surfaris, they single handedly created music for people ready to embrace a laid back lifestyle of pure fun.

We all know Pet Sounds and its influence on music that followed. I personally love Surfer Girl being it has their best song, In My Room, on it and the title track was the first song I knew all the words to as a kid.

Such a shame the way the band fell apart and struggled to regain their musical composure after Brian's breakdown and the numerous tragedies that plagued the Wilson family. BTW, Dennis' solo album is nothing short of brilliant. It's scary how unique of a talent he was in his own right, but sadly alcohol and drug abuse had taken their toll on him by that point and we eventually lost him not long after. Carl had the best voice in the gang while Mike was the charasmatic lead.

The only band to rival Zeppelin as my all time favorite musical act.

Btw, Brian's new album is absolutely great. He's back in his primal form.

How's it going "bigstickbonzo?" What you said in your comment, I couldn't have said it better myself. You and I can talk about Brian, Denny and THE BEACH BOYS for hours anytime. It is sad what happened to Denny. I know because I witnessed Denny rot away before my very eyes. I partied with Denny the last two years of his life and it is painful for me to look back and remember how he looked in the end. I have Denny's LP/Vinyl and first CD issue of Pacific Ocean Blue, it is an incredible album. It's painful for me to remember Carl's passing in 1998 because Carl and I finally became friends on his death bed. In my opinion, Brian had the greatest all-time angelic Falsetto voice EVER! Brian and I do reminisce up to this very day about Denny and Carl. I am so proud to see Brian come back to life again, finishing SMiLE helped him mentally in making peace with himself as well as with SMiLE. R.I.P Dennis Carl Wilson and Carl Dean Wilson. Take care and ROCK ON!

• 2 weeks later...
How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I would like to discuss a band that needs no introduction. THE BEACH BOYS will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history as the GREATEST harmonizing band of all-time. For a brief moment, it seemed that THE BEACH BOYS leader Brian Wilson was and still is, a genius and could do no wrong. When his masterpiece PET SOUNDS album was released in 1966, that album would singlehandedly set the stage for THE BEATLES to release their greatest masterpieces which is the REVOLVER (1966) and later, the SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967) albums. After PET SOUNDS, Wilson would release another one of his greatest achievements, the 1966 45 RPM single GOOD VIBRATIONS which would become the band's first worldwide number one hit. But what many Rock fans did not know was what was Wilson doing in the studio after the release of GOOD VIBRATIONS in 1966. Wilson would be in the studio recording mind blowing music with lyrics provided by his co-writer and collaborator Van Dyke Parks in what Wilson would describe his next album as "a teenage symphony to God." This album would no doubt be called "THE GREATEST UNRELEASED ALBUM IN ROCK N' ROLL HISTORY." The album was originally called DUMB ANGEL after Wilson's younger brother Dennis (Denny) Wilson but the album would be changed simply to SMiLE. If SMiLE would have been released originally in December 1966 as planned or even January 1967, SMiLE would have been a masterpiece way ahead of its time that would have joined SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND as one of the biggest influencial albums of all-time. However, when Wilson cancelled SMiLE in May 1967, Rock n' Roll was dealt another major blow and Brian Douglas Wilson as well as THE BEACH BOYS would never recover from the loss.

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? It is Saturday night and I am here at home on the computer. Believe it or not, even I need a break from the local bars every now and then. I realize that I really mentioned a lot of information about THE BEACH BOYS' mainly Brian Wilson's unreleased 1966-1967 SMiLE album. As some of us well know, Brian was keeping up with THE BEATLES as well as JIMI HENDRIX in musical creativity during the 1966-1967 period. Brian was doing things in the studio technology wise that was unbelieveably far ahead of its time. SMiLE was to be the breaking and departure of THE BEACH BOYS original Surf sound formula thus resulting in what should have been the first true album to experiment with music while utilizing the studio as an instrument in a more original and creative way. These new methods that Brian was demonstrating in the studio have never been done before prior to 1966. Please don't just take my word on it, the proof lies in numerous SMiLE 1966-67 bootlegs. If you ever get a chance, please listen to the following SMiLE 1966-67 Bootleg CD's:

THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE - 1st Edition - T 2580-2 - Excellent album clocking in at 60 minutes!

THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE - 2nd Edition - T 9002 - This album is on the Odeon / Brother Records

label. This edition contains newly discovered music not available on the first edition. What's even better is that this album has excellent and improved Mono / Stereo sound quality clocking in at 76:49 unlike the first edition.

THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE - Unsurpassed Masters Volume 16 (1966-1967) - C 9949 - This album was released in 1999 on the Sea Of Tunes label. This album also features different sessions with alternate takes of the same songs containing different music and lyrics. The stereo on this CD sounds incredible although the total time clocks in at 43:36.

THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE - Unsurpassed Masters Volume 17 (1966-1967) - This is a 3-CD set with Disc 1 being C 9950, Disc 2 being C 9951 and Disc 3 being C 9952. This 3-CD set was also released on the Sea Of Tunes label. While this 3-CD set may not sound as good as the ones I mentioned above, you can clearly hear the incredible creativity that was being masterminded and recorded by Brian during those sessions in the studio. You have to hear these 1966-67 SMiLE sessions to believe it.

THE BEACH BOYS - SMiLE - Archaeology - The lost SMiLE Sessions 1966-1967 - This is an incredible 5-CD set that was released on the German Picareqsque Records label. There are no matrix / ID numbers on the CD album cover or discs. Again, while this set, like the 3-CD set, the stereo quality may not sound as good as the first three albums but I can guarantee you that you are listening and witnessing a true genius at work while making Rock n' Roll history at that very moment. This is a MUST to hear.

All in all, all of the SMiLE Sessions 1966-67 bootleg CD albums I have mentioned to you on this thread will blow your mind. At a later date, I will discuss many song tracks further in detail so that you can get an overall picture view of Brian's creativity in the studio and how he recorded the impossible mind blowing tracks onto tape. I am looking forward to talking with all of you again soon. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

• 2 months later...

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN, THREE DOG NIGHT & BEACH BOYS fanatics? I brought this thread back because Danny Hutton played a big part in the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966-67. Danny Hutton makes a huge guest appearance on the recent 2004 Brian Wilson DVD Documentary entitled "SMiLE, Brian Wilson And The Story Of SMiLE" and discusses SMiLE in detail. If you haven't seen this DVD, please buy it and see it. The unreleased SMiLE album from 1966-1967 is a true story. This story is a tragic one that went unresolved for almost 40 years until Brian found the courage with his old collaborator Van Dyke Parks to reunite and finish the SMiLE album and release it in 2004. It would take almost 40 years later before Brian would triumphantly finish SMiLE. This is one hell of a story. It will open your eyes about anything that you might have felt about Brian Wilson or THE BEACH BOYS. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN, THREE DOG NIGHT & BEACH BOYS fanatics? I brought this thread back because Danny Hutton played a big part in the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966-67. Danny Hutton makes a huge guest appearance on the recent 2004 Brian Wilson DVD Documentary entitled "SMiLE, Brian Wilson And The Story Of SMiLE" and discusses SMiLE in detail. If you haven't seen this DVD, please buy it and see it. The unreleased SMiLE album from 1966-1967 is a true story. This story is a tragic one that went unresolved for almost 40 years until Brian found the courage with his old collaborator Van Dyke Parks to reunite and finish the SMiLE album and release it in 2004. It would take almost 40 years later before Brian would triumphantly finish SMiLE. This is one hell of a story. It will open your eyes about anything that you might have felt about Brian Wilson or THE BEACH BOYS. ROCK ON!

I attended a symposium a few years ago where Brian and Van Dyke were talking about Smile. While it was interesting, Brian was barely coherent and answered with one word responses and Van Dyke basically had to keep it going. It was pretty sad to see him in that state.

I attended a symposium a few years ago where Brian and Van Dyke were talking about Smile. While it was interesting, Brian was barely coherent and answered with one word responses and Van Dyke basically had to keep it going. It was pretty sad to see him in that state.

How's it going "ninelives?" Believe me when I tell you that Brian is back better than ever. When Brian finished SMiLE, it was like a big heavy weight was lifted off of him. Brian sounds so much better now. Please remember that Brian is in his 60's now, SMiLE messed Brian up for almost 40 long years. You're talking about a true Genius, a music maker whose legendary unreleased SMiLE album nearly destroyed him since he could not finish it due to pressures from THE BEACH BOYS Lead Vocalist Mike Love, Brian's father Murray Wilson and the Capitol Records label whom THE BEACH BOYS filed a lawsuit against. With all of these pressures, Brian didn't have a chance. Please watch the DVD Documentary entitled "SMiLE, Brian Wilson and The Story Of SMiLE." As I stressed earlier, Danny Hutton played a big part in the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966-1967 and Danny makes a few appearances on the Brian Wilson DVD. The SMiLE story is one hell of a true story. ROCK ON!

How's it going "ninelives?" Believe me when I tell you that Brian is back better than ever. When Brian finished SMiLE, it was like a big heavy weight was lifted off of him. Brian sounds so much better now. Please remember that Brian is in his 60's now, SMiLE messed Brian up for almost 40 long years. You're talking about a true Genius, a music maker whose legendary unreleased SMiLE album nearly destroyed him since he could not finish it due to pressures from THE BEACH BOYS Lead Vocalist Mike Love, Brian's father Murray Wilson and the Capitol Records label whom THE BEACH BOYS filed a lawsuit against. With all of these pressures, Brian didn't have a chance. Please watch the DVD Documentary entitled "SMiLE, Brian Wilson and The Story Of SMiLE." As I stressed earlier, Danny Hutton played a big part in the Brian Wilson/SMiLE story in 1966-1967 and Danny makes a few appearances on the Brian Wilson DVD. The SMiLE story is one hell of a true story. ROCK ON!

Oh I'm not criticising Brian at all. I have a lot of respect for his musical contributions. I was just saying as an audience member it was very uncomfortable to watch and listen because the guy facilitating it kept trying to ask more questions to keep it going. I'm happy he's doing better now!

Oh I'm not criticising Brian at all. I have a lot of respect for his musical contributions. I was just saying as an audience member it was very uncomfortable to watch and listen because the guy facilitating it kept trying to ask more questions to keep it going. I'm happy he's doing better now!

How's it going "ninelives?" I'm sorry, I never meant to make it sound like you were criticizing Brian. I never took it that way from you at all. I just kind of talk about Brian the way I do since I do know him personally. Please forgive me. ROCK ON!