Led Zeppelin Without Robert Plant?

drummer

Could it be a strong possibility that Mssrs. Page & Jones, with the able assistance of the son of John Henry Bonham will finally thumb their noses at Mr. Robert Plant and reconquer the world without him? This new vocalist better be an individual that will cause us to permanantly forget that Mr. Plant was the original vocalist for Led Zeppelin (as it seems that Mr. Plant does not presently value the fact that he was the heralded vocalist of the band that made him rock royalty). What issues does Mr. Plant have with Mssrs. Page & Jones, and with the Bonham Family (particularly, Jason Bonham)? What is causing Mr. Plant to desparately run far away from Led Zeppelin?

Where is the poll that will enable us to solve these questions? Why are there so many threads on this same topic? Why hasn't it sunk in that this is not Zeppelin Redux but a new band with half the members of the original Zeppelin? Is Plant-bashing now officially passe? Why is Harvey Goldsmith shooting his mouth off? Obama or McCain? Is global warming real? Do you want fries with that?

:wall:

Could it be a strong possibility that Mssrs. Page & Jones, with the able assistance of the son of John Henry Bonham will finally thumb their noses at Mr. Robert Plant and reconquer the world without him?

No, they're not thumbing noses; yes, they'll probably reconquer the world.

This new vocalist better be an individual that will cause us to permanantly forget that Mr. Plant was the original vocalist for Led Zeppelin (as it seems that Mr. Plant does not presently value the fact that he was the heralded vocalist of the band that made him rock royalty).

No, a new vocalist will not cause me to forget. Mr. Plant certainly values his experience with Led Zeppelin, but he's stone free to ride the breeze.

What issues does Mr. Plant have with Mssrs. Page & Jones, and with the Bonham Family (particularly, Jason Bonham)?

He just needs room to move, breathe, and do his thing. He craves freedom. To thine own self be true.

What is causing Mr. Plant to desparately run far away from Led Zeppelin?

Mr. Plant has already experienced Led Zeppelin. Then life brought changes. He needs to look at the broader picture. He's on the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDpznl8eIs, don't stop me :stereo: ...err wait no, that's AC/DC. Maybe he secretly belongs to AC/DC.

Living easy, living free

Season ticket on a one-way ride

Asking nothing, leave me be

Taking everything in my stride

Don't need reason, don't need rhyme

Ain't nothing I would rather do

- AC/DC

Could it be a strong possibility that Mssrs. Page & Jones, with the able assistance of the son of John Henry Bonham will finally thumb their noses at Mr. Robert Plant and reconquer the world without him? This new vocalist better be an individual that will cause us to permanantly forget that Mr. Plant was the original vocalist for Led Zeppelin (as it seems that Mr. Plant does not presently value the fact that he was the heralded vocalist of the band that made him rock royalty). What issues does Mr. Plant have with Mssrs. Page & Jones, and with the Bonham Family (particularly, Jason Bonham)? What is causing Mr. Plant to desparately run far away from Led Zeppelin?

Who says he is running away?

How can you state that they should find a vocalist that will make us forget about Robert Plant? That is one of the most absurd things I have heard around here and that takes some doing trust me.

So no pressure on a new vocalist then to erase RP from our memories :blink:

Whois to say that it is only a one way thng that RP has issues with the others. We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. Plant made it pretty clear at before the 02 show that it was going to be a one off.

Robert doesn't want to do it so lets just have the others plus a singer out on the road where they belong.

Where is the poll that will enable us to solve these questions? Why are there so many threads on this same topic? Why hasn't it sunk in that this is not Zeppelin Redux but a new band with half the members of the original Zeppelin? Is Plant-bashing now officially passe? Why is Harvey Goldsmith shooting his mouth off? Obama or McCain? Is global warming real? Do you want fries with that?

:wall:

d0e06147.gif:lol:

This topic has been discussed at great length and everyone has their own opinion. I have just finished watching the DVD "No Quarter, Unledded" and after hearing Kashmir I have come to the conclusion that it is still Led Zeppelin with just Robert and Jimmy and any other musicians that they wish to play with, but it can never be Led Zeppelin without Robert (or Jimmy for that matter).

I am excited at the prospect of seeing Jimmy, John Paul and Jason perform together with any singer that they deem worthy. But it will not be Led Zeppelin. It will still be wonderful and amazing. We are all holding our breath and praying that it will happen soon.

Archived