Two Kick-Ass Movies!

Strider

Saw "GRAN TORINO" last week, and Clint does not disappoint. Can you believe this

guy is 78?!? Yet he STILL looks like he could kick everybody's punk ass, haha!

This film is better, and more entertaining to boot, than his other recent film,

"The Changeling", which wasn't bad; it just was a little too conventional...and it

didn't have his presence in the film.

Don't know if "Gran Torino"(the title refers to his beloved car, a 1972 Gran Torino)

is getting a wide release yet or just playing the major cities, but you should put it

on your "to see" list.

The other "MUST SEE" is one that has been talked about for some time and one I

had a chance to see for free this past Sunday at the Hammer Museum in Westwood:

Darren Aronofsky's "THE WRESTLER" which features the comeback role of a lifetime

for Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson.

As a bonus, both Darren Aronofsky("Pi", "Requiem for a Dream") and Mickey Rourke

were there for a Q & A!! Super cool!

Sad to see Mickey Rourke has completely destroyed his looks...that's not a makeup

job in the film, his face REALLY does look that bad.

If Mickey doesn't get an Oscar nod for Best Actor, I'll vote GOP in the next election.

I think Sean Penn is a lock, as well...but I'll discuss "Milk" another time.

But, along with Mickey Rourke(most of you are too young to remember, but Mickey

was at one time on his way to being a great actor with roles in "Body Heat", "Rumble Fish", "The Pope of Greenwich Village", "Diner" and"Barfly"...then, he pissed it away),

it is also great to see Marisa Tomei...and not just 'cause she plays a stripper.

Again, this movie is probably getting a slow release, with just a few major cities to

start before widening out to the rest of the country. But, and I mean this, YOU

REALLY NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Saw "GRAN TORINO" last week, and Clint does not disappoint. Can you believe this

This film is better, and more entertaining to boot, than his other recent film,

"The Changeling", which wasn't bad; it just was a little too conventional...and it

didn't have his presence in the film.

Don't know if "Gran Torino"(the title refers to his beloved car, a 1972 Gran Torino)

is getting a wide release yet or just playing the major cities, but you should put it

on your "to see" list.

The other "MUST SEE" is one that has been talked about for some time and one I

had a chance to see for free this past Sunday at the Hammer Museum in Westwood:

Darren Aronofsky's "THE WRESTLER" which features the comeback role of a lifetime

for Mickey Rourke as Randy "The Ram" Robinson.

As a bonus, both Darren Aronofsky("Pi", "Requiem for a Dream") and Mickey Rourke

were there for a Q & A!! Super cool!

Sad to see Mickey Rourke has completely destroyed his looks...that's not a makeup

job in the film, his face REALLY does look that bad.

If Mickey doesn't get an Oscar nod for Best Actor, I'll vote GOP in the next election.

I think Sean Penn is a lock, as well...but I'll discuss "Milk" another time.

But, along with Mickey Rourke(most of you are too young to remember, but Mickey

was at one time on his way to being a great actor with roles in "Body Heat", "Rumble Fish", "The Pope of Greenwich Village", "Diner" and"Barfly"...then, he pissed it away),

it is also great to see Marisa Tomei...and not just 'cause she plays a stripper.

Again, this movie is probably getting a slow release, with just a few major cities to

start before widening out to the rest of the country. But, and I mean this, YOU

REALLY NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

I agree with your blurb on Mickey. I also really loved the film A Prayer For The Dying with he and Bob Hoskins

Thanks for tips Strider....... I rarely want to venture into a movie theater to be disappointed with high production garbage!!!!!

So, I will check out Gran Torino and The Wrestler, but they are barely getting outside of the LA/NY openings......for now

And for the wife.... I will go and see Marley & Me, whether it's a dog, or not... :D

Archived