Signed Portrait being autioned for charity

BlackandGold

Too funny.. From the Sutton Coldfield Observer....

Tamworth artist to sell signed portrait of Robert Plant for charity

A MUSIC lover and artist from Tamworth is auctioning a signed portrait of a Midlands rock legend for charity.

Painter Sue Verity, from Amington Fields, met up with Led Zeppelin lead guitarist Robert Plant last weekend so that he could sign her artwork.

The portrait is now being auctioned online in aid of Children In Need.

Sue confesses that she is a major, long-term, Led Zeppelin fan and hopes that a fellow fan may show an interest in her artwork, which was valued at £600 even before Robert Plant signed it.

"I couldn't believe it on Saturday when he was just stood there in front of me and we were having a chat," she said. "He was fantastic!"

Sue had been trying to get in touch with Robert for a few months with little success. After remembering that West Bromwich born Robert is an avid supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers, she got in touch with the club who arranged the meeting at the Molineux Stadium within days. Both Robert and Sue met club chairman Steve Morgan.

The guitar hero has passed on his email address to Sue so that she can keep in touch.

"I have to say, he may be 60 but he's still got it! He's as cool as a cucumber still!" she gushed.

"He's a huge icon. I was watching him on You Tube performing with Queen and there were thousands of people in the crowd and I thought 'Blimey, I met him on Saturday, he's signed my painting'."

She added: "Wolves were brilliant, so I want to thank them, I couldn't have asked for more. All I hope now is that enough people bid so I can raise as much as possible for the charity."

For more information or to place a bid on the painting, visit www.sueverity.co.uk.

• 4 months later...

:D

A MUSIC lover and artist from Tamworth is auctioning a signed portrait of a Midlands rock legend for charity.

Painter Sue Verity, from Amington Fields, met up with Led Zeppelin lead guitarist Robert Plant last weekend so that he could sign her artwork.

Sue confesses that she is a major, long-term, Led Zeppelin fan and hopes that a fellow fan may show an interest in her artwork, which was valued at £600 even before Robert Plant signed it.

"I couldn't believe it on Saturday when he was just stood there in front of me and we were having a chat," she said. "He was fantastic!"

Sue had been trying to get in touch with Robert for a few months with little success. After remembering that West Bromwich born Robert is an avid supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers, she got in touch with the club who arranged the meeting at the Molineux Stadium within days. Both Robert and Sue met club chairman Steve Morgan.

The guitar hero has passed on his email address to Sue so that she can keep in touch.

"I have to say, he may be 60 but he's still got it! He's as cool as a cucumber still!" she gushed.

"He's a huge icon. I was watching him on You Tube performing with Queen and there were thousands of people in the crowd and I thought 'Blimey, I met him on Saturday, he's signed my painting'."

She added: "Wolves were brilliant, so I want to thank them, I couldn't have asked for more. All I hope now is that enough people bid so I can raise as much as possible for the charity."

For more information or to place a bid on the painting, visit www.sueverity.co.uk.

The painting went for £1,500. Bought by a Zeppelin fan from Ontario. The proceeds went to a local childrens hospice. :D

:D

The painting went for £1,500. Bought by a Zeppelin fan from Ontario. The proceeds went to a local childrens hospice. :D

I'm glad the proceeds went to a good cause... B)

As for the article identifying Plant as a guitarist...er... guitar hero... that's hilarious. :lol:

Painter Sue Verity, from Amington Fields, met up with [b]Led Zeppelin lead guitarist Robert Plant last weekend so that he could sign her artwork.

Someone needs to get there information right :rolleyes:

Archived