is this poster legit?

Squeeze My Lemons

hey, was wondering if this poster was one of those fake ones that people sometimes make, or if this is a legit reproduction of an old poster... thanks

zeptokyo.gif

it is a poster printed WAY after the concert and is absolutely a fake.....think about it because first of, the picture is of Plant from 1975 and the concert ad is for the 1972 Japan shows...how did they get that pic in 1972?

I think this poster is late 80's early 90's personally

Pretty much all the concert posters(as well as most TSRTS movie posters) on Ebay are fake and I email the seller to let them know that they're opportunistic dicks. I also email the the top bidder to let them know it's a fake. My favorite one is that cheesy cardboard rainbow colored high school print press jobber with a picture from 1977 and a show date of 1974 at Central Park with special guests Three Dog Night! Priceless!

Then again I just saw a T-shirt that is legit(Winterland) that says 1973 World Tour and the pics are from 75. I think that one slipped by.

• 4 weeks later...
ef8f_1.JPG

is this poster legit, i ordered the repro of salt lake city '73 on ebay and instead of that they sent me this one....i dont see it in the database on this website so im unsure :\

It is NOT a vintage poster from the era in which the concert was performed. It is a modern-day commemorative.

You see this sort of thing all the time. I guess to the casual fan, it can be sometimes hard to tell. When you are a Zep head and grew up with them it's easy to decifer wich year a picture is from by the clothing and haircut of each member. My daughter bought me a Zeppelin t-shirt for part of my Christmas present last year and on the back it said world tour 1973. On the front was a picture of each member in square boxes. Plants pic is 77, JPJ pic was 75, anyway you get my point. I only wear it around the house because it's not official. Of course I have never said anything to my daughter, don't want to hurt her feelings. Some people might not care, but to me it seems a bit cheesy.

Archived