Best Zeppelin Book?

ludwig

I thought 'Hammer of the Gods' by Stephen Davis was a funkin' good read, mate. B)

Though... I realised it was also a means of getting money by Cole to feed his cocaine addiction and therefor feel bad for having enjoyed reading it.

"Led Zeppelin: A Band and Their Music 1968-1980" by Keith Shadwick is my pick. Yes, Shadwick can be a little opinionated, but he gets his facts right, and the book is a treasure trove of photos...especially Jimmy photos. There's even an entire chapter on the Yardbirds!

"Led Zeppelin: A Band and Their Music 1968-1980" by Keith Shadwick is my pick. Yes, Shadwick can be a little opinionated, but he gets his facts right, and the book is a treasure trove of photos...especially Jimmy photos. There's even an entire chapter on the Yardbirds!

I quite agree. I just finished the Shadwick book, and it's excellent. (Although "Celebration" by Dave Lewis is on my Christmas list!)

I go with "Hammer of the Gods" very interesting book, although I have to reread it, because I like get half way through, then don't read it for 4 months, then I forget, so I have to start over. Plus, I missed a lot of interesting things last time.

Seconded, this is the definitive Zepp book in my eyes.

Archived