Robert attends Pre-Grammy Party

Melanie_72

It is not out of character for Alison Krauss to avoid media glare. And she tends to focus on parenting when not working.I would hesitate to overanalyze her absence

OK

I now have a mental image of Robert skipping along the red carpet. :unsure: It's sort of scary.

LOL, now that would be funny!

Thanks for the info and link Melanie.

No problem SuperDave, glad everyone is enjoying it. :D

Beverly Keel's final column in the Tennessean mentions Plant:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090128...T0501/901280426

I think Beverly's interview of Plant and Krauss last summer was the best that I read. Too bad they apparently did not allow her to cover the Pre-Grammy party.

I thought it was cool when she said her only regret is "not getting to meet Robert Plant". I too will miss Beverly's columns. Some seem to think she was a bit too gossipy at times but they have been some great reads.

I thought it was cool when she said her only regret is "not getting to meet Robert Plant". I too will miss Beverly's columns. Some seem to think she was a bit too gossipy at times but they have been some great reads.

She has done some great columns. Shame to see her go but hopefully it will be onto greater possibilities for her.

Too cool, but there are other things to do in life, and sometimes you just have to let him go and be happy about it.

I don't think she's sitting there thinking about it night and day - sounded to me like she admires Robert's work as a musician and would have liked to have had the opportunity to meet him :rolleyes:

I don't think she's sitting there thinking about it night and day - sounded to me like she admires Robert's work as a musician and would have liked to have had the opportunity to meet him

As long as it is about the music only then it's alright, but I would not blame her for not thinking about him night and day.

I'm sure it's about the music :rolleyes:

I am sure it is about the music too. I have seen Beverly at social functions and she always conducts herself with class and dignity. I would bet she has had opportunities to meet him but did not want to interrupt him or "chase him down" like some of our tourists. ;)

I am sure it is about the music too. I have seen Beverly at social functions and she always conducts herself with class and dignity. I would bet she has had opportunities to meet him but did not want to interrupt him or "chase him down" like some of our tourists. ;)

Kentuckygirl

you know that we normally agree on the subject of "celebrity spottings" ;) but blaming only tourists for chasing him down strikes me as being somewhat ill-defined.

From your quote I get the impression that hords of tourists have flocked to Nashville in order to pester him all around the town. However, your quote could easily be extended to ...by some of our tourists, shop owners/assistants, restaurant owners, local residents with contacts to fellow Zep fans and newspaper staff.

In all cases please add the term "some" too, I am very much aware that not all of them are acting like that but with the same class and dignity just as Beverly.

I have hardly seen any tourists accounts so far, but obviously half of Nashville's retail trade and gastronomy sector including staff at restraurants, supermarkets, record stores, coffee shops and jeans stores seem to have been more than happy to share their experiences and encounters with him since he had started working there in 2006.

I know that many musicians have moved to Nashville in the last decades (especially to escape from the scene in L.A.), one ex-member of Toto being one of them as well as some more of their closest collaborators and friends, and that they have their reasons for it.

However, I am sure that even in Nashville everyone is different, some people are excited that he is there, others believe that he has relocated there because they have spotted him twice within the last two years, others have met him but do not feel the need to go public with their information and there should even be many who simply do not care about him at all just as is the case with tourists.

So far I have the impression that he is very much capable to deal with the situation and to indicate towards tourists, residents etc. when it is time for them to leave him alone.

And apart from tourists, there seem to be individuals who are less sensitive when it comes to guarding his privacy there, be it "friends" who promise board members to get in touch with people related to the staff at the studio where he is currently recording in order to extract information they can pass on, journalists (I remember at least one article in which a local newspaper staff member was mentioned who had been ordered by court to respect his privacy) and keeping record of his daily "waste" in order to expose it to the public in its entity after he has left the town instead of disposing it of as is usually done in case of any other resident, "celebrity", guest, tourist in Nashville etc. is, frankly, a rather strange way to express warming hospitality towards your "International guest".

He therefore might have attended the pre-grammy party to show his support and appreciation for the music scene (I am convinced that he has made a lot of friends there by now :rolleyes: ) but probably decided to skip the red carpet in order to treat his "popping in" there as a low-key affair...

Which he is obviously able to do in most cases, contrary to other celebrities I have heard about especially actors. :o