Linkage to instrumental Who's To Blame

dpat

Very cool ... an instrumental of Who's To Blame.

Jimmy was very inspired for the Death Wish II soundtrack -- might have been something akin to the next Zep album after ITTOD.

Very cool ... an instrumental of Who's To Blame.

Jimmy was very inspired for the Death Wish II soundtrack -- might have been something akin to the next Zep album after ITTOD.

Excellent cut dpat. I bought the Deathwish2 out-take L.P. years ago and that version was on there.

It's a great jam and one of many on that release. Jimmy plays a lot of great guitar throughout it.

Wow this is great, thanks for the link. The very beginning of the film, during the credits, is an instrumental version of Whos to Blame but this is different. Also, during the second rape scene, where they're raping his daughter, is a great violin bowed solo, w/ the same effects you hear on Dazed & Confused live. This doesn't appear on the album. Is it on the outtakes version?

Wow this is great, thanks for the link. The very beginning of the film, during the credits, is an instrumental version of Whos to Blame but this is different. Also, during the second rape scene, where they're raping his daughter, is a great violin bowed solo, w/ the same effects you hear on Dazed & Confused live. This doesn't appear on the album. Is it on the outtakes version?

The violin bow section on the out-take album occurs as the opening of side two. Just like the official release. It sounds very similar to that version. Sinister, creepy and dark in it's mood.

That whole Death Wish 2 soundtrack album needs to be revisited

I don't remember any major promotion for Deathwish 2 when it came out. It really went unnoticed to most and the majority of the reviews were quite negative. I remember one that called it a " despicaple piece of crap." Pretty brutal.

It was a very focused effort and I think it's one of Page's most enduring works.

Archived