Yardbirds- Anderson Theater show

Anderson Theater New York

March 30 1968

The Yardbirds were billed with opening acts The Rich Kids and The Bagatelle. There is a handbill (promotional flyer) in existence for this show, but I have no confirmed press

coverage on file. The 'State University of New York' publication in Albany did review

their 3/28/68 Aerodome concert in Schenectady in their 4/8/68 issue, so it's quite possible

the Anderson Theater was reviewed by the NYC news media. If you find anything please

let us know!

Anderson Theater New York

March 30 1968

The Yardbirds were billed with opening acts The Rich Kids and The Bagatelle. There is a handbill (promotional flyer) in existence for this show, but I have no confirmed press

coverage on file. The 'State University of New York' publication in Albany did review

their 3/28/68 Aerodome concert in Schenectady in their 4/8/68 issue, so it's quite possible

the Anderson Theater was reviewed by the NYC news media. If you find anything please

let us know!

Ah ha- there were opening acts! Maybe that's why the show was so short as compared to the later shows at the Shrine Auditorium in LA (Last Rave Up in LA).

Thanks Steve!

I remember reading in an interview with Jimmy some years ago that part of the reason this concert was never released was the poor production on the recording. Not the audio itself, but it bothered him that in the background you can hear the clinking of cocktail glasses. I suppose things like that could be removed if so desired.

I remember reading in an interview with Jimmy some years ago that part of the reason this concert was never released was the poor production on the recording. Not the audio itself, but it bothered him that in the background you can hear the clinking of cocktail glasses. I suppose things like that could be removed if so desired.

http://members.tripod.com/cathead9tx/id35.htm

I was alway's under that impression too SD. This is a link to an article by Will Shade that gives another reason though. Take it for what it's worth....lol. You gotta scroll down a long way

In April 1968 the band attended a playback of the recordings at Epic Records in NYC

but they expressed their disapproval.

Jimmy filed an injunction against Epic Records in Sept 1971 a week after they released this as 'Live Yardbirds Featuring Jimmy Page'. On February 15, 1977 Epic Records was compelled to destroy the masters, parts, and lacquers for the album. Jimmy received the masters in the '80s. On January 22, 2001 Jimmy submitted a proposal to to the surviving members for him to produce an album of The Yardbirds Anderson Theatre tapes as well as all their New York studio tracks but they have yet to agree to it after

all these years.

Thanks Steve. Didn't know the details of what has happened to this over the years and still hasn't seen the light of day. Probably never will.

Jimmy still can't stand all those "bullfight cheers" Epic dubbed in and wanted to remaster it for release as a proper live album. I think the others can't stand he ended up with the mastertapes. :lol:

Interesting. It would be nice to hear a digitalized version of the live Yardbirds featuring James Patrick Page

I have had the bootleg for thirty five years - its a great concert cocktail glasses and all - and the I'm A Man solo is his very best spooky ethereal Page off the wall piEce of shit he ever did. I love Jimmy Page!!!!!!!!!!!

In April 1968 the band attended a playback of the recordings at Epic Records in NYC

but they expressed their disapproval.

Jimmy filed an injunction against Epic Records in Sept 1971 a week after they released this as 'Live Yardbirds Featuring Jimmy Page'. On February 15, 1977 Epic Records was compelled to destroy the masters, parts, and lacquers for the album.

Thanks Steve. Didn't know the details of what has happened to this over the years and still hasn't seen the light of day. Probably never will.

As you can see, it WAS released and saw the light of day for a short time, but enough copies were sold to be available in second-hand record stores and sometimes on Ebay for instance. That '71 release was a color cover and then it was also re-released by Columbia Special Products (I believe) in ~ 1976. That too was quickly recalled. I know I've seen black and white covers of it. Not sure if that was the CSP release or pirated copies.

As far as a digitized version, Moreland Street released this set in 2000 (seen below) and it's the cleanest digital copy I've heard. However, the original vinyl on Epic in pristine condition has a fatter sound.

I have had the bootleg for thirty five years - its a great concert cocktail glasses and all - and the I'm A Man solo is his very best spooky ethereal Page off the wall piEce of shit he ever did. I love Jimmy Page!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes ! I had it on vinyl too from way back and wore it out. Latter traded it away ! :( Dummy me !!!!!

Original Album catalog number: Vinyl LP, Epic-Ke-30615

229576289_tp.jpg

Here's a link to buy it. :D LP, CD whatever ! Scroll down for best deal on the CD, (included here)

http://product.half.ebay.com/Live-Yardbird...421131QQtgZinfo

Interesting. It would be nice to hear a digitalized version of the live Yardbirds featuring James Patrick Page

Well here you go !

1zwp1xc.jpg

Archived