NIN to tour with original Jane's Addiction this spring...

Wolfman

Was a time when I really liked Jane's but that was a long time ago, I can't get into it now. This is going to sound petty but I think it's because of Dave, it's tough for me to take him serious now. I suppose that could change any minute if I actually spent time with an album, it's been at least 15 years since I listened to an entire JA disc.

Was a time when I really liked Jane's but that was a long time ago, I can't get into it now. This is going to sound petty but I think it's because of Dave, it's tough for me to take him serious now. I suppose that could change any minute if I actually spent time with an album, it's been at least 15 years since I listened to an entire JA disc.

I was a big fan of theirs too. Haven't listened in a long time for no particular reason - guess I got into other things but when I hear their music, I still appreciate it.

I hear ya on Dave. The guy was one of my rock heroes but he turned into a Hollywood sellout.

Ahhhh, what goes around comes around.

It was opening for Jane's Addiction on their winter 91 tour and then later that summer

playing on the first Lollapalooza that gave NIN their first wide concert exposure.

I feel the others coments about Dave, re his Hollywood sell-out. Much prefer the

old 'young' Dave, the Dave without the tattoos and goatee, when his hair was long

and wild.

That said, I did see one of the original JA's recent 'secret' shows at the El Cid last

November and it was almost like old times. Having Eric Avery back truly makes

it special...a completely different beast than the last couple of wan 'reunions'.

I still crank up "Nothing's Shocking", "Ritual" or my Jane's boots every so often, and

it still gives me a kick like few other bands of their time did. A strange brew, indeed.

Ahhhh, what goes around comes around.

It was opening for Jane's Addiction on their winter 91 tour and then later that summer

playing on the first Lollapalooza that gave NIN their first wide concert exposure.

I feel the others coments about Dave, re his Hollywood sell-out. Much prefer the

old 'young' Dave, the Dave without the tattoos and goatee, when his hair was long

and wild.

That said, I did see one of the original JA's recent 'secret' shows at the El Cid last

November and it was almost like old times. Having Eric Avery back truly makes

it special...a completely different beast than the last couple of wan 'reunions'.

I still crank up "Nothing's Shocking", "Ritual" or my Jane's boots every so often, and

it still gives me a kick like few other bands of their time did. A strange brew, indeed.

I wish I still lived in LA to go to one of those shows. That must have been a blast. You take any photos?

No, but there are clips of the show on youtube...I think I even posted some clips

here on the board...just search Jane's Addiction.

I was in too much a rush to get down to the restaurant early enough to get in, that

I just forgot about bringing my recording gear or a camera.

Archived